Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swanny was bragging on SEN how he's never seen some much cap space to spend. But, I was thinking, they could have all the cap space in the world, but are they really going to be able to get someone to move to Brisbane?

I would love them to save it and lure Beams when he's a FA.
Agree completely, Em. I've got a soft spot for the Roy boys and would love them to land a big fish. Heck, I'd be happy if they could manage two mid sized fish.

Agree completely, Em. I've got a soft spot for the Roy boys and would love them to land a big fish. Heck, I'd be happy if they could manage two mid sized fish.
And we know Swanny has form for being obsessed with getting Collingwood recruits.

Do we have any brissie boys bar Bell on our list? Swanny will probably try to lure one of ours too.

I'm surprised that Sellers didnt get up and lamp the stupid son of a bitch.
Sadly - McClure has sold out to FOX $. He has carried on like a pork chop all year - in fact has been disgraceful at times.
I'll forgive him if he gives King a stiff right cross on National TV.

He said pick 5 and one of their gun mids, which makes it a more equitable trade.
No way would you trade Hendo for #5 alone.
I don't think he did add a gun mid for the Hendo trade. He did for the Reid trade though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King declared on SEN that Essendon have more emerging stars coming through than other clubs in the middle bracket. Heppell, Merrett, Hooker and Ryder. Feels they just need to get a free agent to complete their list. Would help if ASADA weren't prepared to bring out the gimp.

Last edited:
Belly won't leave anytime soon.

I think Swann is about to find out cap space can mean stuff all if you're Brisbane.
You would think that Swann would have the sense to stop the move out to Springfield onto the Chairman/Presidents property development. Good luck signing anyone if they are out in that massive hole.

It was more so the rationale for us doing the trade. "Carlton are in a rebuild so they should trade whatever they can".

Didn't realise Lachie was on his last legs.

They also wanted the Eagles to trade Mckenzie. After losing Glass.

Belly won't leave anytime soon.

I think Swann is about to find out cap space can mean stuff all if you're Brisbane.

Speculating on SEN today that Brisbane would probably have to pay overs and then some to attract a big name to go up there.
And I have to say I agree with them.

King declared on SEN that Essendon have more stars coming through than other clubs. Heppell, Merrett, Hooker and Ryder. Feels they just need to get a free agent to complete their list. Would help if ASADA weren't prepared to bring out the gimp.

Heard the same thing as well, and must say I was a bit surprised by his line of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back