Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think the deal was money if you pick Docklands, no money if you want other options. More games at the 'G would have provided a better deal for supporters. Better deal for supporters equals more money for Carlton. I think this new arrangement is second rate.
As long as we play Hawks and Geelong at the G, I don't think it really matters. (We shouldn't play Crow there though). My point was the original deal gave us upfront money to keep the lights on resulting in us not making much playing there for the next 10 years. We should make more playing there in the future.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I hope Carlton offers a membership for MCG games only next season. With away games Carlton could offer a 9 or 10 game package. I'd even reserve a seat for the home games at the 'G. I couldn't give a toss about Docklands. All these years the promise of what we would do when we reached this point and I'm stunned that the President thinks this a good deal. Back to the B and F page!

Navara79

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Looks like carrying the crows forward line this year has taken its toll on Eddie Betts. Hip surgery

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Fixed that for you. Its good enough for Hawthorn to play them in tasmania in front of 15,000...should be good enough for us.
Not even close to being the same thing.

Carlton doesn't deserve anymore than 6 at the G. As someone mentioned, games against the cats and Hawks should be at the G while games against Adelaide etc should be at Etihad. The split is bang on.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Not even close to being the same thing.

Carlton doesn't deserve anymore than 6 at the G. As someone mentioned, games against the cats and Hawks should be at the G while games against Adelaide etc should be at Etihad. The split is bang on.

With Cats and Hawks it has to be more than 6.
Cats: 1
Hawks: 1
Pies: 2
Dons: 2
Tigers: 2 (usually)

There's eight minimum.

None of the Pies, Bombers or Tigers finished in the bottom six with us so we *shouldn't* be playing them twice next season.
The true test of their new fixturing system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back