Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've lost their captain and best player.
They're paying a 9 gamer 7 million apparently.
They've given away their pick 6......and then still paying some of Griffen's money.

I'd be livid.
and if Cooney goes they're paying his wages too.

They've lost their captain and best player.
They're paying a 9 gamer 7 million apparently.
They've given away their pick 6......and then still paying some of Griffen's money.

I'd be livid.

AND all without a coach !

So firstly, said it before, will say it again. Million dollar contracts to players on potential is absolutely ****ed.

The thing I'm struggling to get my head around is if Boyd nominated them because of the contract they offered or because he liked the look of the club and thought they would be easiest to deal with after what happened with Griffen. By the sounds of it it must have been the contract because surely both the club and Boyd know he's not worth anywhere near that much at this stage so they had to do something crazy to get him to want to come.

So firstly, said it before, will say it again. Million dollar contracts to players on potential is absolutely ******.

The thing I'm struggling to get my head around is if Boyd nominated them because of the contract they offered or because he liked the look of the club and thought they would be easiest to deal with after what happened with Griffen. By the sounds of it it must have been the contract because surely both the club and Boyd know he's not worth anywhere near that much at this stage so they had to do something crazy to get him to want to come.

I think when someone shoves that many zeros in your face its a game changer. re clark to melbourne

Personally i feel the success of The Greater Western Wanderers A League team has sabotaged any possible chance of The Giants ever having an success in town that is a big soccer heartland.

Playing in minus 10 K crowds for nearly every home game has to be a factor in the go home kids.

Least Gold Coast get fairly good crowds at Metrocon, plus the beaches and meter maids to keep young draftees happy there (their only real loss so far is Josh Caddy)

I can see The Giamts relocating to Canberra in 10 years time truth be told.

Personally i feel the success of The Greater Western Wanderers A League team has sabotaged any possible chance of The Giants ever having an success in town that is a big soccer heartland.

Playing in minus 10 K crowds for nearly every home game has to be a factor in the go home kids.

Least Gold Coast get fairly good crowds at Metrocon, plus the beaches and meter maids to keep young draftees happy there (their only real loss so far is Josh Caddy)

I can see The Giamts relocating to Canberra in 10 years time truth be told.

Totally agree, the AFL will continue to throw money at GWS, however Sydney who have been reasonably successful for a while now are still struggling to make a profit year after year, Buddy is the best thing that happened to them and the AFL up there. GWS will continue to struggle in this foreign territory as they will struggle for sponsors and supporters as well as keeping their players there.

So if GWS get pick #1 for #4 and #6, it means they gave up:

Boyd, Jaksch, Whiley, #4 and #13 for:

#1 Griffen and #7.

How do we rate that?

I think they did alright.

So firstly, said it before, will say it again. Million dollar contracts to players on potential is absolutely ******.

Or even proven players... *cough* Kouta

*cries* even though I loved the bloke watching him sit on the sidelines while we paid him a mill a season was bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think what we could do, only 20% of what they have achieved would make us a power ( a supporter driven power ) again.

It reminds me of going to see a movie at the cinema when that ad comes on about illegally pirating films... And how terrible this is for the film industry...
Whilst I sit there drinking my $8 coke and $10 popcorn.....

Who is the criminal.

Corporate Greed.

Who gives a 19 year old a seven year multi million dollar contract? I mean I don't want to sound like a nanna but didn't anyone talk to the kid about honouring his contract until the end of next year. If Bonti was out I would be more than happy to have him at the Blues.

I was unaware of the of the 'big trade' today until I arrived home, chewed the fat with my son about a job interview before we moved onto the inevitable footy conversation. I think questions will be asked about those who sat opposite our negotiators and kept mum about their real plans. It is for this reason that I think we expand our football department, perhaps through consultant positions, and appoint a clairvoyant, a body language expert and a polygraph operator. I understand a lie detector is an added expense but I think it could pay for itself in one trade period. I'm happy mostly about what we achieved but feel those opposite would have been exposed by my radical plan for the future. At least then we would have known how devious the other side is and, as for the future, GWS can get stuffed.

To think what we could do, only 20% of what they have achieved would make us a power ( a supporter driven power ) again.

It reminds me of going to see a movie at the cinema when that ad comes on about illegally pirating films... And how terrible this is for the film industry...
Whilst I sit there drinking my $8 coke and $10 popcorn.....

Who is the criminal.

Corporate Greed.

Dortmund have been schooling everybody in Europe for years from a 'fan experience' perspective.

Looking at the way they do things just reinforces how many things in this world of ours are arse backwards…they're making more Deutsche Marks than they could possibly spend just by treating their people like people.

Everybody is happy. Funny that...

Forget Arsenal & Man U. AFL and club officials should be touring this sensational Dortmund club to get an idea on what is possible if you - as SBYM stated - treat people like people, not cash cows (sorry Mikey & Spacey).

I reckon those potting the Dogs are off the mark.

They've won a single flag. They're jack of being an irrelevance on the AFL radar. They're having a crack at changing that.

Good on 'em I say…

Ok then, trade our captain, sack our coach, and pay a gajillion for an unproved 19 year old, while screaming bitchy to the AFL for handouts.

Piss up the club's back and say it's raining.

c_p would lead the charge to burn down the grandstands, as long as his alarm clock worked, of course. :cool:

Ok then, trade our captain, sack our coach, and pay a gajillion for an unproved 19 year old, while screaming bitchy to the AFL for handouts.

c_p would lead the charge to burn down the grandstands, as long as his alarm clock worked, of course. :cool:

Totally agree they paid overs, but Griffen ****ed them first, and that includes the coach.

And make no mistake, we would've paid a shitload if he'd wanted to come to Princes Park.

They saw an opportunity and took it. Might pay off, might not, but what's another decade when you've been waiting since the '50s?

Easy for us to have a go, but I've been to three GFs to watch my team play…and I'm a Johnny-come-lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back