Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I would not be celebrating I would be pissed off.

The more I think about it the happier I am we didn't end up with Boyd. I'm sorry I can't get over the fact that he didn't honour his contract and no-one not even his family tried to talk him out of it. Says a lot about him and his family. I know for a fact that my father would of told me to honour my contract and to be loyal to my team mates. It's not like the money wouldn't of been there next year. And I still wouldn't of paid Boyd 500k per season even at 20.

I hope this won't set a precedent by when all young yplayers who are given two years contracts can just say they want to be traded to another club after a year.

I think port over paid for Ryder.

Given the circumstances, what if he cops a ban? No way is he worth 17 on its own

Disagree. Port are young, pushing hard towards a premiership, they are in the perfect window to be tossing out late first-rounders for ready-to-go 26yo players that meet a need. Ryder is an awesome get for them.

Lobbe gets some help, Ryder will stretch defences further, Westhoff will be able to roam even more freely.

Port ticking all the boxes for mine. Insanely jealous (and full of admiration).

Ryder is a good fit for them.

Don't think they should've given up 17 and 37 for a bloke that may not get on the Park for them. If he didn't have the walk out clause or a possible ban looming it's a very good get.
This is not the case

Cannot believe Dishlickers are paying $1m of their former captains wages. If Boyd doesn't come good, it could put them in real trouble.
Will Boyd's 7 year deal include another CBA/Media deal?

Boyd's deal, if it doesn't include any increase-in-salary-cap adjustments, might be looking pretty good for the Doggies for the last 2-3 years. (If Boyd comes good...)

Sorry I would not be celebrating I would be pissed off.

The more I think about it the happier I am we didn't end up with Boyd. I'm sorry I can't get over the fact that he didn't honour his contract and no-one not even his family tried to talk him out of it. Says a lot about him and his family. I know for a fact that my father would of told me to honour my contract and to be loyal to my team mates. It's not like the money wouldn't of been there next year. And I still wouldn't of paid Boyd 500k per season even at 20.

I hope this won't set a precedent by when all young yplayers who are given two years contracts can just say they want to be traded to another club after a year.
How does this say anything about him and his family? The 2 year contract was not one he would of wanted to sign. He was forced up there as a result of the way the draft situation works where the players have no choice but to go where they are told.

Good on Boyd i say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder is a good fit for them.

Don't think they should've given up 17 and 37 for a bloke that may not get on the Park for them. If he didn't have the walk out clause or a possible ban looming it's a very good get.
This is not the case

You never know HD.
He may break ranks from Essendon* and do a deal with ASADA.
He's not bound by any shackles that would have been applied by that putrid club.

You never know HD.
He may break ranks from Essendon* and do a deal with ASADA.
He's not bound by any shackles that would have been applied by that putrid club.
He might, he might not. It's a bit unknown that's why I think it is overs.

He might, he might not. It's a bit unknown that's why I think it is overs.

As he was contracted Port had to pay to get him anyway.
And as someone else said, they've stockpiled heaps of talented kids and using #17 on Ryder is a pretty good deal for them.
He could potentially be the difference between them winning a flag in the next couple of years.

How does this say anything about him and his family? The 2 year contract was not one he would of wanted to sign. He was forced up there as a result of the way the draft situation works where the players have no choice but to go where they are told.

Good on Boyd i say

That is part and parcel of wanting to be a footballer, you have to suck it up and go to another club for a few years. It's not like they are graduate teachers and getting a low wage and have to go to the country. They have a lot of freedom. Too me it does say a lot that he does not want to put in the hard work for two years with the rest of the team. And wants to run home to be with his parents. What 19 year old wouldn't love the chance to move out of home on a decent wage and live a great life.

TBH young people nowadays just want to take the easy way out.

Watch out folks, the member only raffle is closing tomorrow and the call centre are trying to sell the last of the $200 tickets.

I just got my call.

Fan*******tastic. I look forward to being inundated with calls this afternoon.
haha....might be worth switching the phone off for a few hours.

They have sold just under 1000 of the 1500 tickets.

I should have told them to ring Brucey Mathieson or Jeanie

It would appear that Geelong have sodomised Adelaide with the last trade of the day. Were Adelaide in such a rush that they didn't read it properly? :confused:
The only thing I can think of is that downgrading their #10 to #14 was a way of kidding themselves they were a Top 4 side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back