Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into trade week requesting Wines, Wingard or Hartlett. Settle for Cooney.

Oh Dodoro...never change pls.

Must disagree... bringing Cooney and Giles on top of getting Chapman last year and giving Fletcher another year is a fantastic result for this club. Its a shame the 2pm deadline hit when it did.. Gavin Keane, Paul Hamilton and Brad Plain were just about to re-commit .. will wait for the PSD now.

How much was Cooney paid to say this? Obviously enough.
No-one in their right mind would want to go to Essendon*. Cooney is only going there as his career was over at Whitten Oval.

No-one in their right mind would want to go to Essendon*. Cooney is only going there as his career was over at Whitten Oval.

Just on that point, I wonder if Josh Caddy whom was adamant about being traded to the Bombers 3 years ago, caught wind of the supplements program at Essendon when he came out of contract a year later and decided to move fo Geelong.
Makes me wonder about his change of heart in the space of a year. Hmm

The biggest news today was the sale at the Carlton Shop. 60% off had me grabbing at all sorts of merch. Then I heard the voice of reason telling me to settle down. My wife was not keen on spending a few hundred dollars. Dutifully I caved in and walked out with a couple of polos for $64.:(

VFL and WAFL set for Channel Seven in 2015

THE VFL and WAFL look set to follow the SANFL onto commercial television in 2015.

The government-financed ABC has confirmed it's not in a position to commit to broadcasting state league matches next year in the midst of funding uncertainty.

"The ABC has always indicated that it was unable to commit to new seasons until the current budget situation was resolved and indicated it would not stand in the way of those respective leagues looking elsewhere," an ABC spokesman told AFL.com.au.

It would be good to have a VFL program of sorts along with this proposed game coverage.
That's highly unlikely given the relative lack of interest it may be something worth having a look at where state leagues could be discussed.

BTW: Have the ABC any money left at all? Cuts have been significant in recent times.

Two sad looking ex-Blues... wish them well!
garlett-a-demon.jpg

waite-a-roo.jpg

GWS recruiting boss Stephen Silvagni set to quit club

The man who put together the playing list of the AFL's youngest team is set to quit the club after the 2014 national draft.

Silvagni is one of four candidates targeted by Carlton for a new list management position. Theclub's premiership champion and AFL full-back of the century remains close friends withBlues president Mark LoGiudice, although a position at his old club could prove an issue given the Silvagnis have three boys. The eldest, Jack, is expected to be drafted in 12 months.

Probably needs a thread of its own or at least a suitable one but I couldn't be bothered.

SOS to us? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best mates with Mark Lo.

I can see it happening.

Always starts off all smiles................doesn't it?
Get Wright CFC and we're doing it properly..............SOS? Would be disappointing.

List management can be a separate role to recruitment and then we have the football manager getting his hands dirty also.
Happy for us to separate roles with a clear chain of command but not under a let's see what happens scenario..........and did I say no to SOS?

Whether he is an ex-player or not should have no bearing upon giving him a position at the club.The only relevant consideration is whether the club believes he is the best person for the job.

Being list manager at GWS at the time they were being gifted so many high end picks in the draft really doesn't prove his worth one way or another to me.

Loved SOS as a player but it doesn't make me want him to be employed by the club. I don't think his friendship with LoGiudice should come into it either, Sticks and Ratts were mates too, that didn't work out too well for us. I'd be much more comfortable with the club filling any list management position with an experienced person with the runs on the board who has no prior connection to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back