Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I will miss it, I'm out. I am sure however on my night out I will run into a load of pissed Irish fans. Perth is going to be rather busy tonight. Not only is the footy on but it is Pride night tonight.
What is Pride night ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope - no Carlton involvement tonight for either side.

We are definitely not the chosen people, that's for sure.
I know it's been said, but the composition of the team is kind of strange. It's quite a who's who of "favourites", isn't it? People like Hodge, Boomer, Riewoldt, Selwood, NicNat, Stevie J... good players sure, but almost as if they were selected largely on the basis of their celebrity.
You can understand why Horks and Swans are well represented, and Geelong for that matter, literally half the team coming from those three clubs alone.

I know it's been said (just not by me :$), but the presence of two Saints (finished last) and three Bombers* (cheating pr!cks) is pretty baffling when there were I think, six clubs not represented at all.
It doesn't really bother me that none of our people were involved. But why these two clubs were honoured when they're so manifestly unworthy is beyond me.
Three ******* Bombers*?!! It's a disgrace that they're still allowed to represent their own club, FFS.

The selection of this team is like a big public confession that the AFL competition is neither even nor impartial.

For the 10th time.

Dustin Fletcher is 39, next year he will be 40.

Thanks Basil.
Good thing that Fletcher won't be playing next year... it would just confuse poor Basil if he was playing... and would be a complete travesty

Horrible news just breaking about Mark Williams being diagnosed with cancer, Choco has always been one of my favourite characters in footy. Thoughts are with him and his family :(

Horrible news just breaking about Mark Williams being diagnosed with cancer, Choco has always been one of my favourite characters in footy. Thoughts are with him and his family :(

Agreed. Hope it all works out for him battling this terrible disease.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back