Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/co...lligence-reports/story-fni0fiyv-1227239138779

COCAINE abuse at the Gold Coast Suns has been identified in intelligence reports.
The Herald Sun can reveal that Suns players came to the attention of police two years ago over allegations some were supplying and using cocaine among themselves.

While reports did not name individuals, it was alleged players used cocaine in private homes as long ago as 2012.
The suspected use occurred outside the official AFL competition season and club officials were kept in the dark.

#GoldCokeSuns

sunsm.gif

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ohnson-more-time/story-fnp04d70-1227238968291

A DECADE down the track when Steve Johnson is a senior coach he might get a knock on the door from a senior player.
That player might be about to turn 32 and been offered a five-year deal at a rival who will hand over draft picks four and seven to seal the deal.

If this is fair dinkum, GWS are officially a joke.
A 5 year deal at $800k a year for a bloke who is 32 years old and a dodgy foot.

Great to see Ratts happy and carefree in a Hawks polo in today's HUN (Happy in that I'm glad to see a club legend enjoy footy again, UGH with those Old School Tie toffs ugh)

I now truly believe in Ron Barassi's theory that favourite sons/club champions should never coach their club. If it goes badly, it all ends in tears (IE Michael Voss and now look at Buckley, and ESP The Golden Child of Tullamarine)

Al Clarkson had no emotional ties or history at Hawthorn before taking over, actually meant he had the ability to cut through all the sentiment and nostalgia that had set in that club after 1991. (Collingwood had the same problem till Lethal arrived as coach)

No doubt Ratts will coach again at AFL level, and be better for his experiences, sadly it won't be with us though. :(

Prediction for tomorrow night, Watto to kick thirteeen... THIRTEEEENNNN!!! Omg how annoying was Anthony Hudson when he did that

Great to see Ratts happy and carefree in a Hawks polo in today's HUN (Happy in that I'm glad to see a club legend enjoy footy again, UGH with those Old School Tie toffs ugh)

I now truly believe in Ron Barassi's theory that favourite sons/club champions should never coach their club. If it goes badly, it all ends in tears (IE Michael Voss and now look at Buckley, and ESP The Golden Child of Tullamarine)

Al Clarkson had no emotional ties or history at Hawthorn before taking over, actually meant he had the ability to cut through all the sentiment and nostalgia that had set in that club after 1991. (Collingwood had the same problem till Lethal arrived as coach)

No doubt Ratts will coach again at AFL level, and be better for his experiences, sadly it won't be with us though. :(
Doubt Ratts will coach again... Hasn't got a defensive gameplan and makes changes when the game is virtually over, loved him as a player but Clarkson is probably thinking, where did you get this guy from!!

Doubt Ratts will coach again... Hasn't got a defensive gameplan and makes changes when the game is virtually over, loved him as a player but Clarkson is probably thinking, where did you get this guy from!!

I think you're a decent poster, but that's a pretty unfair and terrible comment.

Clarko rates Ratts highly, to the point of entrusting him with the head coach duties tonight.

Ratts has clearly matured (from a coaching development POV) since joining Hawthorn and would actually be a decent choice for a club like St Kilda (don't rate Alan Richardson.TBH)

Ratts definitely will coach a game, was victim of idiotic politics and selfish players who didn't really heed to the team ethos (most of whom MM has jettisoned)

But that's my point, Ratts lacked balls... No-one was afraid of losing their spots because for 1 our recruiting was poor and therefore there was almost no competition, and 2 it felt like the players didn't respect or agree with the game plan, it was just purely based on offense, Please understand I love Ratts but he barracked for the team rather than coached... Lastly the turnover of players in the past 2 years by MM kind of proves my point, We were going around in circles with Ratts... We were only ever going to be a 1st or 2nd week of finals team and at least now it feels like there's discipline and a clearer understanding of where we actually are...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that's my point, Ratts lacked balls... No-one was afraid of losing their spots because for 1 our recruiting was poor and therefore there was almost no competition, and 2 it felt like the players didn't respect or agree with the game plan, it was just purely based on offense, Please understand I love Ratts but he barracked for the team rather than coached... Lastly the turnover of players in the past 2 years by MM kind of proves my point, We were going around in circles with Ratts... We were only ever going to be a 1st or 2nd week of finals team and at least now it feels like there's discipline and a clearer understanding of where we actually are...

Well part of that comes back to the argument in my first post that club champions really shouldn't coach the club they played for ..

Ratten may have mis-managed a few players here and there, but I doubt it would have been due to lack of balls. Admittedly some of the recruiting decisions made under Ratts tenure were awful (wasting first rounders on Bootsma and Kane Lucas and giving up pick 11 for Brock McLean) but he also discarded problem child Fev for Lachie Henderson, which is a massive win..

Well part of that comes back to the argument in my first post that club champions really shouldn't coach the club they played for ..

Ratten may have mis-managed a few players here and there, but I doubt it would have been due to lack of balls. Admittedly some of the recruiting decisions made under Ratts tenure were awful (wasting first rounders on Bootsma and Kane Lucas and giving up pick 11 for Brock McLean) but he also discarded problem child Fev for Lachie Henderson, which is a massive win..
Probably the best thing happened to us in the past decade so I can credit him for that, and I definitely agree with you about players that shouldn't go back to coach the team they played for just because of the emotional attachment!! At the end of the day I wish him the best (Just not against us)

Two minutes in, and I'm sick of Dwayne and Dermie already ... Ugh, its gonna be a long year on Fox Footy :(

DaVillaBlues I gotta tell ya, I really enjoy reading your posts. You're always measured, rational and articulate. I like it!

Cheers, very kind of you, and i enjoy reading your posts as well, always great to get an insight on footy from the female point of view and i do enjoy the fact you're not afraid to speak your mind :)

Dwayne has lost the plot

"The Dermott Brereton lookalike with the Dermott Brereton strut'

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_James_SICILY_297.png

LOL

DaVillaBlues I gotta tell ya, I really enjoy reading your posts. You're always measured, rational and articulate. I like it!

Cheers, very kind of you, and i enjoy reading your posts as well, always great to get an insight on footy from the female point of view and i do enjoy the fact you're not afraid to speak your mind :)

Get a room you two ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back