Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So roosy wants the sub rule scrapped immediately. Couldnt agree more. Just a stupid part of the game. While I'm praising flogs. KB has been banging on for years about an interchange cap. He is right. Footy would go back to what it was like in the 80's and 90's. Players staying in position. More one on one contests. Forwards kicking bags of goals every week. Less congestion. Probably less injuries too

And who has been to Whitten Oval recently?

What is it like... any good for viewing?

Went there last year and it's fantastic. Parking was a bit tight, but get into the ground it was so good.
Will try to get out there again this year.

Everything us, basically all our issues on and off field... We really are in trouble!!

:D

We may be but we are a soft target.

Our media supporters are all fair and nice but our media enemies are ruthless.

MLG has his work cut out because he's not a very media savvy.

Whoever our comms expert is needs to lift.

Meh. I take no notice of what any of those idiots have to say.
Why not? I know Caro is a little bit opinionated but she's a smart woman and I agree with what she had to say, It wasn't bashing but I thought she was brutally honest which wouldn't hurt down at carlton..

Why not? I know Caro is a little bit opinionated but she's a smart woman and I agree with what she had to say, It wasn't bashing but I thought she was brutally honest which wouldn't hurt down at carlton..

We know there are problems down at the club. I just appreciate don't people like Loin Chop and Caro bashing us just because we're an easy target. Not having a go at you Moe. Have they mentioned Brisbane at all by the way?

Ahhh well, easy target at the moment. Comes with the territory.

You think it's bad now, wait and see what happens if we lose this week.
That's true but no-one to blame but ourselves, surely we couldn't lose this week, Caro was talking about Murph and Gibbs currency at the end of the year, Geez we got some big decisions to make regarding playing list at the end of this season...

We know there are problems down at the club. I just appreciate don't people like Loin Chop and Caro bashing us just because we're an easy target. Not having a go at you Moe. Have they mentioned Brisbane at all by the way?
Just James Aish, Wouldn't mind him actually!!

That's true but no-one to blame but ourselves, surely we couldn't lose this week, Caro was talking about Murph and Gibbs currency at the end of the year, Geez we got some big decisions to make regarding playing list at the end of this season...

When did you get your masters degree in the bleedin' obvious?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are in far worse shape than we are, yet they barely rate a mention. I shouldn't be surprised.
Yes but in all honesty, who cares about Brisbane? I understand where your coming from but they are not in the same category as Carlton... Plus I only really just watched the part about us :)

I've made my thoughts very clear on trading Gibbs and Murphy in other threads. We do not want to become St Kilda. You don't trade your best players. Period.

Yes but in all honesty, who cares about Brisbane? I understand where your coming from but they are not in the same category as Carlton... Plus I only really just watched the part about us :)

They should still be under the microscope just the same.
Loin Chop is great at kicking clubs when they're down, but bring up Melbournes faults over the past decade and he gets so defensive.

I've made my thoughts very clear on trading Gibbs and Murphy in other threads. We do not want to become St Kilda. You don't trade your best players. Period.
I agree, but it's an interesting thought, I love Murph and always will but he's turning 28, you don't think its ok to cash in while he's still worth something with him not offering much back on field or leadership? Is he not past his best by a long way? Why not make it worth it with a high draft pick that can play 10+ years rather then 3-4 from Murph then get nothing in return, if we were in a premiership window I would fully agree with you but unfortunately, we are way off that, btw not saying to trade everybody, but to get some decent picks and start that rebuild...

They should still be under the microscope just the same.
Loin Chop is great at kicking clubs when they're down, but bring up Melbournes faults over the past decade and he gets so defensive.
Difference is they've been crap for a while, we had a finals list only a few years back and we've fallen right off, not sure people expected much from them, plus we are Carlton...

I agree, but it's an interesting thought, I love Murph and always will but he's turning 28, you don't think its ok to cash in while he's still worth something with him not offering much back on field or leadership? Is he not past his best by a long way? Why not make it worth it with a high draft pick that can play 10+ years rather then 3-4 from Murph then get nothing in return, if we were in a premiership window I would fully agree with you but unfortunately, we are way off that, btw not saying to trade everybody, but to get some decent picks and start that rebuild...
No I don't think we trade him, even in those circumstances.

What player is going to want to come to Carlton knowing that we just trade our captain when we lose multiple games? What other club is trying to trade their captain. Forget the hysteria in the media. The club needs to stand strong by the man they trusted with the captaincy.

No I don't think we trade him, even in those circumstances.

What player is going to want to come to Carlton knowing that we just trade our captain when we lose multiple games? What other club is trying to trade their captain. Forget the hysteria in the media. The club needs to stand strong by the man they trusted with the captaincy.
Is he really a captain though? We need to do something jatz.. This might not be the way but this club needs a turn around pretty soon... I understand these thing's take time but it has been 20 years, maybe something this crazy wouldn't be a bad idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back