Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
.068 seems a little low for the amount of outrage.

Again , way too much outrage.

The outrage is because it's Hodge.

Not on a footy field. Mistake , happens 400 times a weekend.

So because everyone else is doing it, its ok?

In almost every other case I could find in a quick search, the player was fined X amount of money internally by their club. Hodge is a public figure and as a result is a role model to many kids. It doesn't exactly send out a positive message as a club that they are against drink driving by not doing anything.

That's more a rule of fist Harks. It's two in the first hour and one for each subsequent hour plus numerous variables. 3-4 drinks over an hour or two would have most people at or over the limit
Standard drink is 10g of alc and the average person loses 8g per hour, I believe.

It has been an amazing effort by police and government to reduce the road toll. I recall the scoreboard at the G in about 1969/70 having the number at something like 1035. 1035 dead in one state in one year. It has been reduced by over 2 thirds in a couple of generations.
Declare War On 1034.

That's what I was wondering. I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking and I won't drive if I've had even 2 glasses of wine because I just don't know. How many beers would it take a man of Luke Hodge's size to get him over .06? more than 4, I would guess.
That would actually depend on a number of things, including consumption of food, emotional state, medications, the type of drink (fizzy increases blood alcohol more quickly), alcohol tolerance, metabolism, his rate of consumption, and his fat/muscle. And, as you imagine, his body size and type means he has to drink more...

Frankly, the .05 limit is the problem. Why it's okay to drink any alcohol and then get behind the wheel of a one-to-two tonne weapon is beyond me...

It leaves you open to the same thinking that Luke Hodge used... I feel okay, I'm sure it'll be alright... just stupid.

That's more a rule of fist Harks. It's two in the first hour and one for each subsequent hour plus numerous variables. 3-4 drinks over an hour or two would have most people at or over the limit
This is what the police teach in NSW.

2 in the first hour and then 1 every hour after that, as you say. That's standard drinks though so if you're having pints, you're going to be further over.

I haven't seen the interview but 3 or 4 makes sense if he drove within 2 hours of his first drink.

This is what the police teach in NSW.

2 in the first hour and then 1 every hour after that, as you say. That's standard drinks though so if you're having pints, you're going to be further over.

I haven't seen the interview but 3 or 4 makes sense if he drove within 2 hours of his first drink.
He stated on Friday night that he'd had 3 or 4 drinks and was confident he was not over the limit.

Apparently today he admitted it was 3 or 4 pints , pretty stupid to think you would be under the limit after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Youngs Barley Wine. Oh dear. It's brewed but not as we know it.
Lot of beers these days not being brewed as we know it inc. chicken carcass, lobsters, oysters, whale/bull testes, beard yeast, bacon & maple syrup, marshmallow fluff, meteorite dust.. onwards and upwards!

If anyone watched Clarkson's press conference he wants us to have empathy and understanding for poor Hodge. It was such a shameful way to deal with drink driving.
He also attempted to say that virtually everyone in the room has done the same thing as Hodge and has just not been caught.
It honestly showed the mindset of so many people that being "slightly" over the limit is okay.

Last edited:
full piece at half time on fox by Alistair Lynch on why Hogan simply has to win the award

"Not taking anything away from Cripps, but he's probably run around all year picking up kicks without anyone on him"

oh, so you don't watch our games. Good to know, muppet
So FIGJAM moving Pendlebury onto Cripps in the last quarter in our game against the filth wasn't to try and curb Cripps influence?

Moving one of the best mids currently playing onto a 20 year old 20 game veteran... sheesh. I want to know what happens next year when he really gets going. No one on him.

full piece at half time on fox by Alistair Lynch on why Hogan simply has to win the award

"Not taking anything away from Cripps, but he's probably run around all year picking up kicks without anyone on him"

You just did. I'd say a pack of opposition players pummeling you into the centre circle mud was having someone on you.

All the key forwards have banded together for one last ditch.

I was very measured in my response to Lynch. I shouted at the TV. "* off Lynch you ******* idiot!"

The boys club are pushing the agenda hard for Hogan. I hope Cripps wins it to shove it up them all.

If Cripps doesnt win the rising star this year, then that award also disappears off into the distance along with the Brownlow medal as being just another arbitrary award.

The Brownlow has of recent times just became a medal to award to midfielders instead of the best player around. The Brownlow is supposed to be awarded to the best player going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back