Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only one that think Port Adelaide are being a bit overrated? you can only beat who is in front of you i know.. But they've only beaten Carlton, Brisbane, Adelaide and West Coast who all haven't had good starts to the season at all i think Geelong will beat them by 50+.

Am i the only one that think Port Adelaide are being a bit overrated? you can only beat who is in front of you i know.. But they've only beaten Carlton, Brisbane, Adelaide and West Coast who all haven't had good starts to the season at all i think Geelong will beat them by 50+.
They played well last yr and they are playing well this yr. Its hard to be negative about that no matter who they have played. Its no big disgrace to be beaten by the Cats either.
Don't know if they are the 'Real Deal' yet but they wont lose by 50+ over there you wouldn't think.
Hinkley is on the same page as Richo, he knows what hes doing :thumbsu::p

I also don't oppose change, but I oppose meaningless change when it's sole purpose is cash.
I also like the fact it's just numbers on the back, another little thing that makes our game unique.

I disagree.

A big part of the change was to make some extra cash but I went to the game on Monday and it really does help identifying little known players. You can't see it live but when a player does something nice you can look to the big screen and read who it was on the replay. Saves trawling through the record every five minutes.

I actually did think they were overrated, but when I watched them, they play really good footy, and everyone jells together really well and does there job. I had them outside the 8 this year, and I reckon they will be in there comfortably.
IMO, I actually reckon Geelong are a tad overrated, the players that get them across the line are there senior players, not really there young talent.
Selwood, Bartel, Johnson, Stokes, Enright, Kelly, Mackie, Duncan, Hawkins. And all of them but Selwood, Duncan and Hawkins are either turning 30 this year, or older. That's not including Lonergan, McIntosh and Rivers who are also turning 30 this year. There getting old and not going be around for ever, but they do seem to surprise us!

theyre doing very for where they came from

2013 draft class off to an impressive start. Kelly looks a jet, Billings is class. KK playing well for the Coasters. Aish was immense against us. McDonald slotting in to the Roos team nicely.

Not to mention Boyd or Shazberg. And that's not even all of the top 10. Certainly be an exciting year to watch in the future.

Sorry for the intrusion guys ... i am not sure where to put this but does anyone knows how dylan roberton is going? fan of his when he was with the dockers and after a good year last year, was surprised that he only played twice this year.

Sorry for the intrusion guys ... i am not sure where to put this but does anyone knows how dylan roberton is going? fan of his when he was with the dockers and after a good year last year, was surprised that he only played twice this year.
Seemed to be carrying an injury early on in the year and is now back and finding form in the VFL

Shitty ankle seems to have taken its toll over the Preseason, and contributed to his poor start.

I've not been aware of VFL form (beyond playing poorly in the opener against Frankston) but I reckon that his run and carry on a taller boy is something that we'll need into the future, especially with a number of boys getting on in years.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Eating my words big time, very happy to be proven wrong and that they are the real deal. Good on them :):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said when that Port bloke dropped in the other day the sky is the limit for Port. They just run and run and run, and it's topped off with so much class. Good for them after some dark times.

The response from Kane was even better:

@kanecornes: I know I don't play for Collingwood Eddie but old c@*t is a bit harsh! Got a good laugh out of that

I'm nominating this for Razzie of the Week :thumbsu:

Great job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back