Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone else comes close. If 75 games in a decade isn't clogging the list then I'm not sure what is! ;) Whether you don't play through injury or just teasing with potential but never progressing (which is pretty much what he did) that's a clog.

I think after 3-4 seasons of constant injuries you have to say sorry but enough is enough. Guess it just shows how desperate the Dogs were for talls.

List cloggers are to me players that have a very limited ceiling that they cannot progress beyond. I think Williams had potential so I certainly wouldn't call him the biggest list clogger of all time.

Then you would be foolish to let them clog your list.
To me they often have an upside and offer tantalising glimpses without ever quite getting there.
I class Raph Clarke as one ( 85 games in 9 seasons - so he does come close to Williams , but no cigar ) Rhys Stanley?

Then there are others who are early picks, and the club keep them on because they were an early pick and the club just can't admit they stuffed up and move them on. ( Tambling , Polo, McQualter ). Watts?

Last edited:
List cloggers are to me players that have a very limited ceiling that they cannot progress beyond. I think Williams had potential so I certainly wouldn't call him the biggest list clogger of all time.

Then you would be foolish to let them clog your list.
To me they often have an upside and offer tantalising glimpses without ever quite getting there.
I class Raph Clarke as one ( 85 games in 9 seasons - so he does come close to Williams , but no cigar ) Rhys Stanley?

Then there are others who are early picks, and the club keep them on because they were an early pick and the club just can't admit they stuffed up and move them on. ( Tambling , Polo, McQualter ). Watts?[/QUOTE]
Armfield

Cracking game tonight...

Have to admit my fave non-Saints player is Rors, of the Sloane variety
Yep love him. Hickey to Slone to Boyd GOAL

Dogs are starting to put it together now. Suns weren't great but that was solid.

Dogs' 22 today:
Less than 50 games: 13
50 to 99: 4
100 to 149: 1
150+: 4

They should be they started there rebuild in 2011.

I don't buy that. There are no guarantees with rebuilds; Port spent years in the wilderness before last year. Never mind that the Dogs were rebuilding in compromised drafts.

Their young players are their core right now, what they're getting out of players drafted only in the past three years is immense. For a team with no decent forwards they're very good for where they're at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the dogs list is in a very good position. They add another good player this year. It just shows you dont have to draft kpp's early in the rebuild. The right strategy is to build from the middle.
They dont have any high profile veteran big name talls an their doing alright.

Yeah the dogs list is in a very good position. They add another good player this year. It just shows you dont have to draft kpp's early in the rebuild. The right strategy is to build from the middle.
They dont have any high profile veteran big name talls an their doing alright.
If they get a Luke Delaney type full back cheaply this year, & recruit another KPF to play alongside Crameri, they will improve even further. Bonus for them is Bontempelli is so bloody tall for a midfielder, that when he goes forward he almost needs a KPD to play on him. He's gonna be a star

Wish some of our younger players were capable of that.

Maybe Dunstan as an inside type in a few years time.

FWIW

Macrae's game, last night, was worth 172 Supercoach points.

Dunstan in his 3rd game (v WCE), had a 141 pt game.

Not a bad effort in only his 3rd game, over at Pattersons.

He'll pull out some more of those type games for us over his journey.

everything about the doggies football wise is ahead of us. players to dev coaches. theyve got half of geelong there. i'm pretty jealous right now and it sucks
Yep they half of geelong there, players to Dev coaches and we have Pete Searle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back