Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Port were so, so lucky there. I thought they had an incredibly good go from the umpiring from late in the 3rd, when I started watching and then Grimes kicks it out on the full when Melbourne are streaming forward with 2 loose options 20m away, in the last 90 seconds and then the siren sounded about a second or two before Melbourne looked like they'd mark that last kick into their forward 50.

Ideally, I think it would be best for us if Melbourne end up with picks 4 and 5. That could put them out of the mix for both Petracca and Brayshaw and really keen to perhaps offer those two picks for pick 1, if we have it. That would be well worth considering.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
JOR is playing in this game. Anyone know what number he is? I can't spot him. Shiel impresses me more and more every time I see him though. What a gun.
Quite frankly, O'Rourke looks hopeless out there, especially considering he was the #2 pick in 2012. I hope we don't waste a really high pick on him either in the ND or PSD

My new bandwagon - PSD Pick #1 = Tom Mitchell... A juicy 3yr $1mil contract should do it - Make it happen Pelch

Manimal_Dunstan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Quite frankly, O'Rourke looks hopeless out there, especially considering he was the #2 pick in 2012. I hope we don't waste a really high pick on him either in the ND or PSD

My new bandwagon - PSD Pick #1 = Tom Mitchell... A juicy 3yr $1mil contract should do it - Make it happen Pelch
O'Rourke reminds me of that spud Cale Morton who was also a high selection.

Mitchell contracted until 2015/2016.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Isn't he another average kick, tagging midfielder?

or is that Craig Dog? (I let myself down...) :oops:
What about his brother Angry?
red_angry_bird.png

(Oh dear, did I really just do that :oops:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
How good is Jack Macrae for the doggies? The kids not even 20 yet, played 30 games and averaging about 27 disposals a game. Gun.
And Doggies supporters rate Stringer to be better than him... They have will have solid future if they can get a decent KPD & KPF in the next 2 drafts/trades periods

The shepherd is officially dead in football. Cannot believe neither of the two free dogs players gave Stringer a chop out there.

I've felt this way for about 2-3 years now. It's how teams have reacted to the "Frontal Pressure" era. Rather than block the would be tackler everyone runs forward of the ball for the quick handball to a 'free' player. Doesn't always work but results in a few goals.

I'm with you though. I hate it when there is a two v one race to a loose ball and one of the double teamers peels off for the release handball because his teamate is winning the race. NO! Go block the opposition and give your team mate space to work with!

Only thing that pisses me off more is players who run around the back of a ruckman who has just taken a mark. Almost everytime the ruckman will hand it off (even if the mid doesnt call for it) and they have no-one to kick to.

Brent Stanton is the worst at this and Joey was doing it last year. Picked up so many touches just ducking around behind blokes and then thumping it down the line, when the ruck themselves could've done just that.

Unless there is an option on that the marking player will miss due to having his back turned, DON'T CALL FOR THE ******* BALL!

So Carlton are going to announce Steven Trigg as their CEO tomorrow.

They haven't learned a damn thing have they? Malthouse and Trigg leading a rebuild under a new president in a post Judd era...

Will be fantastic flying back past them on the ladder in 2 years :p

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
So Carlton are going to announce Steven Trigg as their CEO tomorrow.

They haven't learned a damn thing have they? Malthouse and Trigg leading a rebuild under a new president in a post Judd era...

Will be fantastic flying back past them on the ladder in 2 years :p

I'm just waiting for them to recruit Dangerfield as their skipper....They are coming....Going....Nowhere. No mans land.

I really dislike seeing Essendon win.

I'm actually hoping Essington go on to play in and win the grand final. I want to sit back and watch the afl deal with that little number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back