Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elshaug seems the only recruiter we've had in ages who has a ******* clue.

I'll trust his judgement on it, Dogs took the bigger gamble and could probably afford to.

Remember one of Billings' big qualities is supposed to be that he's a big game player e.g. Bartel. We haven't really had many big games this year but he kicked the sealer against Essendon (made up for missing the one against Melbourne though).

Just saw the replay, looks horrible. Mild twist on landing but the immediate pain & grief on his face told the story :(
Yeh * I hated seeing it. Was just starting to show what he's capable. Hopefully it's not too bad, really want him to have an awesome career especially as he's one guy who keeps coming out saying he'll stick with the giants.

Bit of a broken record on this but, Melb 2.11 ?!?!

13 scoring shots to 17, even if they were 6.7, they'd be somewhat in the game.

You can create 2 types of scoreboard pressure, one on your opposition & one on yourselves.

GWS kids have gained confidence, throughout the game, in looking at the margin, IMO.

I think we are seriously under rating our own Luke Dunstan... 7 games (out of his 16) with over 20 possessions (12 games over 15 touches) and goes at a ratio of 2:3 contested to uncontested possessions (122:182). Season high games of 29 & 26 touches respectively & 2 goals in both those games, as well as the team actually winning those games too. Averages nearly 4 tackles a game too, which is better than about 80% of the entire competition.
With Patton injured the Giants won't be trading any of the big3

Yep, pretty much assured now that if one is traded out this off-season it's purely because he wanted out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear. Feel for the guy.

Talk about trying t control the situation....there was a tweet from then saying that I promise!!!

Both tweets real, there was some time between them, originally hopeful not serious, then the reality bus incident

Malthouse is a dead set * wit.

The game has gone past him and he deflects every loss by attacking the media. Thank * we didnt employ him. Id be ashamed to follow Carlton with this flog 'leading' the way.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl/news/...ays-mick-malthouse/1xuemztr6fls71auk4qpisvbac

Malthouse is indeed delusional and making himself more of a joke every day, with his behaviour as coach of Carlton.

"Mick Malthouse says Carlton will not rush to make decisions about its playing list based on the 103-point hiding against Port Adelaide.

Even after a 103 point loss, he sees no urgency to take drastic measures with their list. If I was a Carlton supporter, I would be more worried, that those of us who support St Kilda.

And what club would allow their coach, or any club official, to act and speak to the media in the way Malthouse does.

"Malthouse continued his barely-workable relationship with the media, particularly Channel 7's Mark Stevens, whose press conference questions were not respected."

BvqkdoSCMAA6-OU.jpg:large

I don't like Malthouse but I will say this:

It's amazing how quickly things change. Last week, after the Blues suffered another close loss to a quality opponent, everyone was praising them for their past month or so, saying that Maltouse has them heading in the right direction and so on.

Now after one thrashing, everyone has turned on him again.

The media and supporters are so fickle.

I remember last year I was hoping that us Saints would draft Scharenberg at #3. That's not to say I was disappointed with Billings, I liked the drafting of him but I definitely was on the Scharenberg bandwagon for quite a stretch of time.

In hindsight we've dodged a bullet now, feel bad for the kid, hopefully he can push past his injuries and still have a great AFL career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back