Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Hawthorn playing under different rules than everyone else? Apparently Rioli might return via the VFL grand final. How would he qualify??
I may be mistaken, but I think they "qualify" if the opposing team allows them to play.

In which case, I commend Hawthorn's generous and completely unrelated donation to the Footscray Football Club.

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
I think if your senior team is playing in the same week, you don't have to have played the minimum number of games. Someone correct me if wrong.
Yeah wrong they need to play a minimum 6 games

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Players can be given the OK to skip the normal games limits if their AFL team is playing in finals.

E: The other team doesn't have to agree with it either.

The VFL already folded like an envelope for Ben McEvoy so Cyril Rioli will probably be given his own football on the weekend.

What a joke.

Bring back the AFL reserves and let the VFL get back to being the top state based comp in the country. Absolute farce that the competition has been turned into glorified training for AFL teams.

The VFL already folded like an envelope for Ben McEvoy so Cyril Rioli will probably be given his own football on the weekend.

What a joke.

Bring back the AFL reserves and let the VFL get back to being the top state based comp in the country. Absolute farce that the competition has been turned into glorified training for AFL teams.
I enjoyed the old VFA. And followed Sandy in the 70s due to some relations who played for them. And in the 90s i went to quite a few Williamstown games as i lived nearby. I also used to enjoy the VFL/AFL reserves before the main game and loved watching the Army Reserve cup from the Lakeside Oval on the sundays.
But once they combined the 2 it just seems a bit of a mess at times. The merger of some teams can end up being a battle between half the merge trying to put its best team on the track to win and the other half just trying to get some minutes and fitness into certain players or trying them out in a different position.
Dont like how some teams sold out changing their names and jumper ( Box Hill, Preston Bullants for eg)
At least Sandy kept their dignity keeping their jumper & name:thumbsu:

Jun 21, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Players can be given the OK to skip the normal games limits if their AFL team is playing in finals.

E: The other team doesn't have to agree with it either.
Cyril has played NIL games in the Box Hill side (Hawks twos) & can play the same as anyone else IF the Hawks WIN on Saturday & are still involved in AFL Finals. Hawks LOSE & they are not available unless they have played enough games to play under the normal minimum game number rules

Disco7

Senior List
Mar 31, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Yeah wrong they need to play a minimum 6 games

It works the same as the WAFL, if your AFL team is playing on the same weekend then anyone on your list qualifies. It doesn't matter if you have never played VFL or WAFL. If your AFL team isn't playing on that same weekend then you need to qualify by playing 6 games. That's why McEvoy required permission to play. The rule sucks for the opposing team but hey when is footy ever fair for everyone?

I tell you what, if you want to see scary abuse of power, Riccuito is using his platform on MMM's morning show to justify his involvement in the Sando sacking.

I tell you what, if you want to see scary abuse of power, Riccuito is using his platform on MMM's morning show to justify his involvement in the Sando sacking.
At least it's a change from Eddie doing the same...

May 31, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Sydney might struggle with clearances tonight they don't have many that can win them except Kennedy. Goldstien should make it hard for them.

To add to Parker, they have Jack, Hannebery, McGlynn, McVeigh etc. who are all very good clearance players. Not sure how you could forget them.

The beauty of the Swans is that their inside mids/clearance players are also excellent runners and have brilliant disposal.

Jack, Hannebery, mcglynn, mcveigh, Parker are all guns.

Just shows us that we need to get complete players...the days of a clint jones type are over

Rhyder officially wants out. Perfect fit if he goes to Port.

Wants to take his family 'home' to QLD so will end up at Sydney ;)

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
The beauty of the Swans is that their inside mids/clearance players are also excellent runners and have brilliant disposal.

Jack, Hannebery, mcglynn, mcveigh, Parker are all guns.

Just shows us that we need to get complete players...the days of a clint jones type are over

The majority of their mids are power athletes. Extremely strong and quick. They've basically got 4-5 Jack Stevens' running through the midfield.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
Don't know where to put this so this thread will do....

Just watched the NRL semi between Sydney Roosters & North Queensland, and yet again, for the 3rd year in a row, a very very questionable call has cost the Cowboys elimination from the finals!

If you thought we've had bad luck, the Cowboys OWN bad luck! I'm still shaking my head, I can't believe it. Once is bad enough, twice and you start to raise an eyebrow, now a 3rd year in a row????

Just ******* bullshit! JT & the whole club should be livid, and I'd even suggest they approach the NRL hierarchy for this absolute calamity!

Don't know where to put this so this thread will do....

Just watched the NRL semi between Sydney Roosters & North Queensland, and yet again, for the 3rd year in a row, a very very questionable call has cost the Cowboys elimination from the finals!

If you thought we've had bad luck, the Cowboys OWN bad luck! I'm still shaking my head, I can't believe it. Once is bad enough, twice and you start to raise an eyebrow, now a 3rd year in a row????

Just ******* bullshit! JT & the whole club should be livid, and I'd even suggest they approach the NRL hierarchy for this absolute calamity!
Don't watch rugby but let it out mate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back