Oppo Camp 2014 General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't go for a team who has such an unfair advantage. Happy it's these two teams in the granny, but the Swans can get stuffed.

Yeah, fully agree. Am not a huge Hawks fan necessarily and was massively on Port today, but they play amazing footy and with all the COLA stuff it is pretty much impossible to go for Sydney next week.

Nup, despite CoLA which has really lowered my opinion of the Swans, I just cannot bring myself to barrack for the Poos and Wees.
It's a shame they can't both loose.

Nup, despite CoLA which has really lowered my opinion of the Swans, I just cannot bring myself to barrack for the Poos and Wees.
Me too! The way Jarryd Roughead runs up in the faces of his opponents & jostles with them after they miss a shot on goal has really lowered my liking of the piss & s**t.... Roughy, you don't need to be an arrogant ******* twat. He's beginning to remind me Michael Ennis, who would have to be the most annoying ******* in the NRL

Watching the swans tonight reminds you how far off we are. So far off. Really, really far off.

I know, that has been why i have taken to watch other games this year. just to see and remember how good teams play. oh well we will get back

Me too! The way Jarryd Roughead runs up in the faces of his opponents & jostles with them after they miss a shot on goal has really lowered my liking of the piss & s**t.... Roughy, you don't need to be an arrogant ******* twat. He's beginning to remind me Michael Ennis, who would have to be the most annoying ******* in the NRL
Meh, sounds like something Milney would do, you'd love it if he was doing it while playing for us.

As I said back in 2012, I hope everyone at Essendon had their cars locked when Dayle Garlett was training there leading up to the rookie draft of that year!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-19/former-hawk-garlett-charged-with-burglary

FORMER Hawthorn player Dayle Garlett is facing criminal charges after appearing in a Perth court earlier this week.

Garlett appeared in Midland Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with stealing a motor vehicle, aggravated burglary and breach of bail.

He was remanded in custody to appear in court again on September 26.

Garlett is alleged to have stolen a vehicle and later used it during an aggravated burglary in Perth.

Don't do drugs kids.

now there is an idiot if you saw one. he eventually could've been earning lots of $$$$$ and be on top of the world and now he will go to jail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps stealing cars is his true calling? Was told back in 2012 that he was doing that as close to a week from the draft, hence all the clubs dropping off him like flies that year (amongst numerous other reasons).

Was really surprised that Essendon gave him a chance to train with them just a couple of weeks later (prior to the rookie draft and PSD), but in hindsight I'm not that surprised (#whateverittakes)!

Big Mac and Sewell not playing in the VFL GF today - both would have to be big chances to play next week if that is the case.
After that knock, Lewis looked very very ordinary last night before he was subbed. Sewell's a bloody good chance.

oh your 100% on the money about Ennis.
I watch just as much NRL as AFL and I have never seen a whinging turd complain to the ref as much as Ennis does

Pretty jealous today watching Footscray win the VFL premiership. What a great success that has been for the Bulldogs.

I can't wait until we have our own stand alone team.
Just interested in peoples opinions.
What do you rate higher , a pre season premiership at the Top Level or a premiership at the reserves level?

What do you rate higher , a pre season premiership at the Top Level or a premiership at the reserves level?
Reserves level by far. That actually has some meaning!

Yeah, reserves definitely these days. Maybe 10 years ago when people still cared about the pre-season competition I might have answered differently, but nowadays I'd rather see Sandy win a flag than St Kilda win a pre-season cup if they were to ever reintroduce that as a competitive thing.

Pre - season would be good for the young group coming through give them a bit of believe

Development; reserves
Income; pre-season, since there is still a cash bonus.
Dont quote me on this , but i think in 2004 we got more money for wining the pre season cup than Port got for wining the Premiership . Due to 'Wizard Home loans' pumping in a shitload of cash.
But obviously Port wouldve made a truckload more cash overall after all the merchandise sales and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back