General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who has owned a Ferrari will tell how much time they spend in the workshop.

That's why Banger was referred to as a Rolls Royce.

Secondly, I recall a recent favourite old tractor that almost won us a flag off his own boot in 2010.. that tractor also wore #7.

Our club more than most should know that brilliant individuals don't win you flags.

But then again, given their recent history, I can see why Doggies fans are getting excited after finally having a win of sorts.

A tractor was also good enough to win last year's Brownlow too, IIRC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Saints have no players listed on the veterans list. This is because we need to pay full price just to achieve our salary cap requirements. So essentially we are foregoing the opportunity to put say Montagna and Riewoldt on the veterans list and have two nominated rookies.

I don't understand why we wouldn't just list the two stalwarts, and upscale another players contract, say Geary, on the back of that, to reward him for his loyalty.

Then we get the two free hits with rookies. Upgrade Schneider and Saad straight away.
If this is true we must be really in front on player payments. Dont forget clubs only have to pay a certain percentage each year and allowed to bank the rest for future seasons. If weve already been doing that and still dont have to activate veterans list allowances. Our war chest must be busting at the hinges.

Pretty glad i went for the "wait for later to get Ablett" AFL Fantasy strategy.

Yep good call by you...... however I'm going to burn a trade to trade in likely Pendles or Selwood.....need to get in Vandenberg as well as 93 points in your first game will ensure a huge price rise. Always happy to burn early trades in the 1st two weeks to get the team right and pump in as much cash as possible...

Don't care who wins, but right now I'm annoyed at the fact I changed my tip from Essendon to Sydney 5 minutes before the game. And the umpiring.

Speaking of, Dons just gifted a goal.
I want Essendon to lose every match from now to the heat death of the universe.

Cheats.

Last edited:
I want Essendon to lose every match from now to the heat death or the universe.

Cheats.
They won't lose, they are now on full blown steroids and the pissweak authorities are too gutless to go near them.
i just urge everyone to booooo the crap out of them for the next two decades.

I hope everyone knows that Essendon are also the recipients of the biggest fines ever for exceeding the salary cap , until it became clear it would not be tolerated. ( Carlton arent bigger cheats, just dumber cheats. )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

today-was-a-7rf9bt.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back