General AFL Thread

Sunshine Saint

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
Dec 1, 2011
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mitta United, Tapalinga, St Marys
Guys, I can't see us losing a game...

I have a mate who does that too, either turns the TV off, or leaves the game early. And yes a Richmond supporter not Saints.

How did Stanley go?
11 touches, 2 goals and 10 hitouts. Not great, not terrible and most of the good stuff accomplished before half time.

Pretty much standard Rhys.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
I don't believe so.. Essendon just match up really well with the Hawks
I dont think they match up that well, Hawks just had an off day. The best teams always have an off-day here & there, usually every 8-10 games or so.

They also severely missed Mitchell & Gibson, & with Frawley getting injured early & subbed out, also hurting them a lot. They dont have Shiels, Spangher or Hale either

How is Boyd going at the dogs? Anyone watched their games?

Poorly. Presents well and tries. Can look dangerous at times. But he's so far off it it's not funny. McCartin has shown more IMO

Looks too big and lumbering think he's better used as a fwd ruck

How is Boyd going at the dogs? Anyone watched their games?
Bout as good as any second year key forward would be going.

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Poorly. Presents well and tries. Can look dangerous at times. But he's so far off it it's not funny. McCartin has shown more IMO

Looks too big and lumbering think he's better used as a fwd ruck
The problem I think with Boyd is he is just to big atm he cannot move. I think he needs to slim down a lot and become more mobile.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've said since Boyd was drafted that he's best suited to the forward/ruck role and a player he should model his game on is Brad Otten's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
Cant wait to play you guys, should be a good match. Stkilda mate already booked the tickets :)

My money is still on your boys. You must be happy - amazing how the players have responded to Beveridge rather than BMac. I think you're a couple of years ahead of us on the rebuild too, (helped by some quality father sons and an extra top ten pick re free agency which is great for you guys).

But if you guys don't turn up then watch out!! :)

Don't you remember? It is really difficult for a Saints rookie player to get nominated for the rising star in the first few weeks, no matter how good they have been...
Hard to beat a player from the Western "Flavour of the Month" Bulldogs.

Bout as good as any second year key forward would be going.

As mentioned Cam McCarthy is going alright hehe

Tim Membrey doing well in his 3rd game and Josh Bruce has played as many games as a Boyd has up forward but with more goals to his name.

Boyd is years away.

As mentioned Cam McCarthy is going alright hehe

Tim Membrey doing well in his 3rd game and Josh Bruce has played as many games as a Boyd has up forward but with more goals to his name.

Boyd is years away.
Boyd is Hawkins; dominant due to talent, certainly, but also because he was just so much bigger and stronger than everyone else. Against men his own size he has to basically re-learn his entire game.

I don't take any pleasure in watching a young kid struggle, and even less in watching people enjoy it; Hawkins made it, Boyd will too.

Back