General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd being a flop would be great for us, would weaken a potential future rival and stuff their salary cap at the same time. As long as it doesn't happen through injury, him not fulfilling his potential would be a good thing for us and something we should be hoping for. Footy history is full of young players being feted and rated as future champions and not living up to it. Boyd would just become another one, albeit a ridiculously overpaid one.

Boyd is Hawkins; dominant due to talent, certainly, but also because he was just so much bigger and stronger than everyone else. Against men his own size he has to basically re-learn his entire game.

I don't take any pleasure in watching a young kid struggle, and even less in watching people enjoy it; Hawkins made it, Boyd will too.

define "make it"

he'll end up a role player, a stanley like prospect. plays fwd, pinch hits in the ruck. pressure from his 7.7m deal could see him fold before he even gets going

The rabble from Princes Park could just take Fev back; kicked 11 for the Pigeons two weeks ago against Wangaratta Rovers (although only 1 this weekend when Yarrawonga got spanked by Kosi's Lavington)...

:D

The rabble from Princes Park could just take Fev back; kicked 11 for the Pigeons two weeks ago against Wangaratta Rovers (although only 1 this weekend when Yarrawonga got spanked by Kosi's Lavington)...

:D
Poor Carlton, Kennedy kicked 10 for W/C & Waite kicked 7 for NM

Carlton have kicked 20 goals in two rounds.

Kennedy, Waite, Betts and Garlett did it almost in one round.

Lol
Funny because its true

Let's not even mention Sam Jacobs' 32 hit outs & 24 possessions from Round 2 either... :D

Where is Blaine Boekhorst? I find it odd that you'd invest a 1st round draft pick on a mature age midfielder that isn't even 'ready to go'... Good job Carlton :D
Like we did with Tom Lee? lol
Edit: or was that the joke? hahaha

Laughing at Carlton, such fun!

e8abb7ed0914e19ee2fdb17c52c3003a.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to the NEAFL he suggested it instead of playing Sub again this week..

Clearly went on a year too long and they lost Membrey because of it.
Sydney playing it as selfless by Goodes... I reckon it's selfish: "I don't want to play a role for the team, I want to run around and dominate against low grade opposition".

Real strange to hear on Triple M that Steele Sidebottom hasn't spoken to Lachy keefe since he failed the drug test, you'd think that he would be one of the first blokes to give him a call being a leader around the club just found it real weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back