General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win to Melbourne. If they play like that against us in two weeks it will be very challenging to get the win.

Footscray (yeah I still call them that so sue me :p:D) are going to be a very good team but they are not there yet and to be fair internally IMO they know that however externally that isn't the case....

Good for Melbourne, and for footy, and for our hopes of snaring a Darcy in the draft!

Just thinking that - I'm feeling pick 2 for us as I think GC will start to win games once they get their 22 players back from injury (ok maybe a slight exaggeration but hey)!!

Just thinking that - I'm feeling pick 2 for us as I think GC will start to win games once they get their 22 players back from injury (ok maybe a slight exaggeration but hey)!!
No guarantees that they won't continue to have injuries and continue to play without spirit throughout the year, but the more wins these lower ranked teams have, the more games we can win yet still finish low.

Has anyone watched Port much this year? I saw them against North at Etihad and thought they looked pretty good, but now they're in serious trouble and have a lot of work to do to even make finals, yet alone the top four. What's going on?
Watching them right now, they're shocking at the moment

I was saying even when they were winning I didn't think the Dogs could keep it up for long. They are going to be good but I think the loss to the Saints was a huge psychological hit for them and probably prematurely ended their confidence. Melbourne are still pretty flaky too they can be great and awful a bit like us. All of the Dogs, Pies, Saints and Dees are going to be coming up behind GWS and GCS who should have a bit of time up winning premierships son enough.

Has anyone watched Port much this year? I saw them against North at Etihad and thought they looked pretty good, but now they're in serious trouble and have a lot of work to do to even make finals, yet alone the top four. What's going on?

They have stopped doing all the things that got them up in the first place. The injuries haven't helped but the are really back in the pack now. The other clubs are just as fit and just as competitive now. They will have a pretty strong team for a few more years yet and this could be like their Geelong year where they ended up with Selwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They front run.

When they come up against an opposition that lacks pressure they look good around the ground, they run and support and they play some good/poor footy the better running teams atm will carve up with the errors. As soon as they come up against a mob that matches their effort and provides pressure, they fail and go to water, stop running and panic. I expect they'll try to get their s**t together mid year, but it might be too late by then.

Their problem this week, was one that occurs throughout the years; we have NFI which Richmond, North, Bombers team will show up on the day as to who should win, because they have NFI which team they want to be on that day.

I wouldn't be worrying about playing Port over here in Adelaide. It's not exactly been a fortress for them this season. For 4 games, they've won only 1 of them, and that by barely a goal.

Prestia out for 12-16 weeks for GC, they're really running low on players
Sorry, I wasn't sure whether we were talking about what I expect, or what I want. I still think the Blues will get the spoon, but I will always want them to get it. Always. Forever. Neverending.

Sorry, I wasn't sure whether we were talking about what I expect, or what I want. I still think the Blues will get the spoon, but I will always want them to get it. Always. Forever. Neverending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back