Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I fired off an anonymous email from a friend's laptop using her home wifi to the gym.

Then I had him killed.

I fired off an anonymous email from a friend's laptop using her home wifi to the gym.

Then I had him killed.
Why would you kill your friend after he lent you his laptop?

Her = my friend.
Him = the PT.
Ah, but you see, gender is only a societal construct and I, with justifiable legitimacy, ignored gender-forced pronouns in your post and came to the only logical conclusion.

how did the guy take the news of thanks but no thanks?

I have no idea. I emailed the gym. I don't think it'll get back to me, all I said was that I think they should be more stringent with the protection of their members' personal information. I haven't gotten a reply yet. I think I will keep going during unstaffed hours so I don't think anything will eventuate.

I have no idea. I emailed the gym. I don't think it'll get back to me, all I said was that I think they should be more stringent with the protection of their members' personal information. I haven't gotten a reply yet. I think I will keep going during unstaffed hours so I don't think anything will eventuate.

good to know. time wise maybe inconvenient to you but if you feel its unsafe to go when he is there then it's for the best.

having said that, if he starts appearing during unsupervised hours i would be concerned. i know at my gym there are alarms you can hang around your neck via a lanyard should you feel unsafe or under thread. do you have these available?

good to know. time wise maybe inconvenient to you but if you feel its unsafe to go when he is there then it's for the best.

having said that, if he starts appearing during unsupervised hours i would be concerned. i know at my gym there are alarms you can hang around your neck via a lanyard should you feel unsafe or under thread. do you have these available?

I don't know. I don't think it's at that level of severity tbh, it's more just an inconvenience as opposed to anything genuinely threatening. I'm also wary of not coming across as conceited and seeing some motive that may not really exist.

Either way, I'll live. I actually also wanted to ask this board - how much do you guys reckon 'water' weight is, and how quickly can you lose weight? I've seen about a 2kg decrease in the past month, but no physical difference. No diet changes. Unsure if I just didn't eat much that day or if I've genuinely made progress just from increasing cardio/HITT..

I don't know. I don't think it's at that level of severity tbh, it's more just an inconvenience as opposed to anything genuinely threatening. I'm also wary of not coming across as conceited and seeing some motive that may not really exist.

Either way, I'll live. I actually also wanted to ask this board - how much do you guys reckon 'water' weight is, and how quickly can you lose weight? I've seen about a 2kg decrease in the past month, but no physical difference. No diet changes. Unsure if I just didn't eat much that day or if I've genuinely made progress just from increasing cardio/HITT..

ah ok cool.

i reckon water weight can be misleading. i mean after activity and sweat im guessing my weight has decreased compared to preworkout. however, after taking in fluids i imagine weight to go back up again.

Yesssss my new gloves came in the mail. Bought them off eBay for at least 70% cheaper than retail. They feel waaaay more stiff than my old ones though. Unsure if maybe these are 'fakes,' the wrong size or just not broken in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's been a month, then you've lost 2kg I would imgine

Coincidentally i read these three articles yesterday;

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part.html

http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part_28.html

For everyone one part of glycogen the body stores 3 parts water. Hence why low carb diets tend to produce bigger weight loss early on, the glygocen is depleted and lost along with water. Vice-versa when you up your carbs after low carbing weight will be regained as new extra glycogen in the body will hold water. We all know 100ml of water equals 100g.

My two cents, depending on your calorie intake and in particular carb intake you will be losing water weight and body fat, but when you go into calorie deficit depsite carb intake you will lower glycogen levels and the muscles will flatten out (thats why body builders, physique competitors carb up pre contest to fill glygocen and the muscle) and why after a small cheat meal/carb refeed you can look and feel great the next day.

But read the articles they will help and lastly over the space of a month and you are down 2kg you will have lost body fat guaranteed! Don't be disheartened, keep persisting, consistency is KEY!

there's nothing worse then annoying personal trainers invading your gym time.
I know they are there just helping and bored but man I just want to do my workout.
leave me alone unless I come up to you, actually that's for everyone.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:leave me alone, leave me alone.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

My recovery is shithouse and I'm not even doing that much.

I get heaps of protein, calorie surplus, static stretch, foam roll and I also do light active recovery.

It has improved a bit since increasing my carb intake, but I'm still feeling stiff, not as explosive in running and I get exhausted really quickly.

Any tips?

My recovery is shithouse and I'm not even doing that much.

I get heaps of protein, calorie surplus, static stretch, foam roll and I also do light active recovery.

It has improved a bit since increasing my carb intake, but I'm still feeling stiff, not as explosive in running and I get exhausted really quickly.

Any tips?

get your hormone levels checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back