General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Re: Post Match Coverage Pathetic - Friday Night Football

I have just watched the Geelong v Bulldogs game on Seven and cannot believe how the post match coverage only focussed on Geelong and absolutely nothing from the Bulldogs ....... for the entire 40 minutes of coverage after the siren.

Immediately following the end of the game they interviewed Paul Chapman, then we got the Cats singing the song, later they crossed down to the rooms for an interview with Tom Hawkins, and they went to rooms a little later for an interview the the coach. They also crossed the Scotts post match media conference.

I think you mean Stevie J

Maybe McCartney had the Dogs players locked away and didn't want them speaking to the media.

that_dood

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal

I have just watched the Geelong v Bulldogs game on Seven and cannot believe how the post match coverage only focussed on Geelong and absolutely nothing from the Bulldogs ....... for the entire 40 minutes of coverage after the siren.

Err....they did win....:confused:

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006

the ch 7 Saturday night team vs Dwayne, Dermott, Roos and jako.

a new low in footy media...

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls

the ch 7 Saturday night team vs Dwayne, Dermott, Roos and jako.

a new low in footy media...

Or the fox coverage of the Port v GC game.... Shaw, Campbell and Lynch, just horrible misinformed rubbish

Immediately following the end of the game they interviewed Paul Chapman, then we got the Cats singing the song, later they crossed down to the rooms for an interview with Tom Hawkins, and they went to rooms a little later for an interview the the coach. They also crossed the Scotts post match media conference.

To make even more frustrating for a Bulldogs supporter they has to other segments with people who weren't even involved in tonight's game, Lenny Hayes from St Kilda and Guy McKenna from the Suns.

Surely they could have at least interviewed someone from the Bulldogs room to get their opinion on the game and how well they took it up to Geelong.

Channel Seven seemed to forget that there were actually two teams that played in the game and that supporters from BOTH club would have been watching the post match coverage. I just hate how the old hacks on the commentary teams are all from the pretty clubs and they dont give the Bulldogs supporters any enjoyment or encouragement whatsoever.

If it makes you feel any better, the Foxtel commentary team spent 5-10 minutes talking entirely about Gold Coast's game and season WHILE THE ****ING GAME WAS STILL ON.

soyouthink10

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whoever does the voice over for the intro for Friday Night Footy should be replaced. Sounds like a 13 year old boy builds no level of excitment and just totally sucks..

The Ch10 guy you use to be good, dramatic, build a scene and awesome

joe444

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2006
Franga
AFL Club
Geelong
Seven are trying SO hard to attract a new audience. That's why we have a breakfast DJ as our "heart and soul" of Saturday afternoon. That's why boundary-riders wear scarves (or not). That's why they keep tweaking the failed formula.

Give breakfast DJ voice guy a break.

How dare you demand that footy appeal to a footy fan.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have noticed tonight that Bwuce i no finishi hi wor I thin it becau he i talki to qui

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
The interaction between Bill Brownless and Simon O'Donnell on The Sunday Footy Show is awkward to watch.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Channel mother******* Seven just gave away the result of their own delayed broadcast at three quarter time. In Adelaide we get the Crows and Port games on free to air every week, even if they have to put it on delay, and they showed their news broadcast at three quarter time and announced the result!! That's so ******* amateurish.

Thank Christ the Crows won the match or else I'd be even angrier.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Channel mother******* Seven just gave away the result of their own delayed broadcast at three quarter time. In Adelaide we get the Crows and Port games on free to air every week, even if they have to put it on delay, and they showed their news broadcast at three quarter time and announced the result!! That's so ******* amateurish.

Thank Christ the Crows won the match or else I'd be even angrier.

That was a new low for 7, which is quite an effort considering the crap they constantly put footy fans through.

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
What's with the intrusion into footy lingo of "disposal by foot" instead of "kicking" and "disposal by hand" insteading of "handballing/handpassing"?

Back