General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if many others have had the displeasure of hearing Justin Koschitzke's "special comments" for AFL Live on a Sunday arvo, but he is hands down one of, if not the worst commentator I have heard. His comments add nothing, and today all he said was "Collingwood can go up another gear here" over and over.

Dunno if many others have had the displeasure of hearing Justin Koschitzke's "special comments" for AFL Live on a Sunday arvo, but he is hands down one of, if not the worst commentator I have heard. His comments add nothing, and today all he said was "Collingwood can go up another gear here" over and over.

Is Kozi an AFL apologist?

If you're going to ask a question, ask it and shut up. I'm sick of people asking the question, then rambling on for a minute then ask the question again.

Agree with you 100%.

If you're going to ask a question, ask it and shut up. I'm sick of people asking the question, then rambling on for a minute then ask the question again.
How do you mean? I'm only new here obviously and I will probably make lots of mistakes and I will probably annoy people by going on and on and on and on with meaningless drivel that in any other context would get me a job as a football commentator cos they go on and on. So I sort of know what you mean but you know, is that what you mean?

How do you mean? I'm only new here obviously and I will probably make lots of mistakes and I will probably annoy people by going on and on and on and on with meaningless drivel that in any other context would get me a job as a football commentator cos they go on and on. So I sort of know what you mean but you know, is that what you mean?
Yes.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-09/the-signatures-your-club-needs

ESSENDON
Essendon has secured most of its key players who are out of contract at the end of this season, with Jason Winderlich, Ben Howlett and Martin Gleeson among the remaining priorities. Winderlich has a trigger clause in his one-year deal for a second season depending on how many games he plays. Next year is a big one for the club, though, with young guns Dyson Heppell and Jake Carlisle coming out of their deals at the end of 2015. Emerging forward Joe Daniher is believed to be tied to the Bombers beyond the end of next season. - Callum Twomey

For the love of God. Seriously, most of us on here would genuinely enjoy the opportunity to get paid for commenting on football. We do it for free, and whilst there is some foibles, most of us tend to comment accurately.

So how the **** does someone that does this for crumbs not know how to do a basic fact check?

Daniher is contracted until the end of 2017.

How do I know? Because I took a minute out of my day and asked the club, instead of bloody guessing.

Geezus.....

When a team that's second on the ladder wins on Friday night and all the articles and commentators lead with "They surge to the top of the AFL ladder'.

Hawthorn won on Friday and they are on top of the ladder, but if Sydney win they will drop back to 2nd. If Port win, they will more than likely drop to 2nd. If Freo beat GWS by more than a few goals they will be 2nd. If 2 win they will probably be 3rd. Most likely they will end up 4th again.

It's good that they won to stay in contention for top place, but until they end of the round they are not "on top"!

Make a passing comment about it, but don't make it the headlins!

Hawthorn tops ladder with classy win over Adelaide

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ma...er-adelaide-20140711-zt53k.html#ixzz37Ey83WvA

I posted the following as a comment to Robbo's latest edition of the tackle and it has been "pending" for over an hour:

Once again an absurd amount of print has been wasted on unwarranted, sycophantic praise of Essendon. Excluding the Likes and Dislikes 500 of 1300 words were dedicated to Essendon's game, beginning with "Jake Carlisle is the best player in the league at this moment". It's sickening.
There were 5 games on this weekend just gone, and I'm getting the feeling that the "Chief Football Writer" for one of Melbourne's two largest newspapers only watched 3 of them. GWS and Geelong played a ripper, but you wouldn't know they played at all reading this article.
Going forward the weekly edition of the Tackle may as well be called "What Essendon did on the weekend". It's really frustrating and it's got me seriously considering why I bother paying my subscription for this publication.

I've posted on the HS previously and it is normally up in a matter of minutes. I feel a little tinfoil hat saying this, but I'm getting the feeling that they're sitting on the comment and will release it at a point where they are fairly sure few people will read it.

Edit: 2 hours later and it's disappeared altogether. No expletives, racism, sexism, etc. Just politely expressing dissatisfaction with the content being provided, and I've been censored. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
I posted the following as a comment to Robbo's latest edition of the tackle and it has been "pending" for over an hour:

Once again an absurd amount of print has been wasted on unwarranted, sycophantic praise of Essendon. Excluding the Likes and Dislikes 500 of 1300 words were dedicated to Essendon's game, beginning with "Jake Carlisle is the best player in the league at this moment". It's sickening.
There were 5 games on this weekend just gone, and I'm getting the feeling that the "Chief Football Writer" for one of Melbourne's two largest newspapers only watched 3 of them. GWS and Geelong played a ripper, but you wouldn't know they played at all reading this article.
Going forward the weekly edition of the Tackle may as well be called "What Essendon did on the weekend". It's really frustrating and it's got me seriously considering why I bother paying my subscription for this publication.

I've posted on the HS previously and it is normally up in a matter of minutes. I feel a little tinfoil hat saying this, but I'm getting the feeling that they're sitting on the comment and will release it at a point where they are fairly sure few people will read it.

Edit: 2 hours later and it's disappeared altogether. No expletives, racism, sexism, etc. Just politely expressing dissatisfaction with the content being provided, and I've been censored. Very disappointing.

You'll be a busy man expressing your dissatisfaction with the quality of Slobbo's work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sick of Dermott asking question that last longer than a minute in all forms of media he covers.

Why do you think that is?

Obviously he's got 20+ years in the media and thus is qualified to ask questions even though he may not know what's going on at certain clubs and may pigeonhole himself in certain areas of the media, of whom fap over Victorian clubs and certain players who are overrated by the general public so why would he do that knowing that his voice is heard more than others and have his face on television which raises his ego to not quite Eddie's level which is unattainable but a rung or 2 below.

"Baschar Hurley", "Dylan Shiels", "Jarrod Polak" etc.

Seriously if you're getting paid as a football commentator/expert, at least know the players proper f***** names
Damn straight. Apparently Jesse Stringer plays for the Bulldogs, as does Brad Boyd and Liam Pickering according to some commentators o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back