General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bail, Terlich and Riley sign new contract.

Exciting times. Can only imagine the howls of disappointment at other clubs who were scrabbling for their signatures come trade week.

Wonder how long the extensions are for. No word on the Dees website. Probably a year?

Exciting times. Can only imagine the howls of disappointment at other clubs who were scrabbling for their signatures come trade week.

Wonder how long the extensions are for. No word on the Dees website. Probably a year?

Bail or Riley might get 2 years, u would think Terlich would get the 1.

Contract lengths would be nice to know.

1 for Terlich, 2 for Riley and Bail i'd be OK with.

Richmond taking their first round pick off the table for Terlich as we speak

I suspect that we will be aiming to trade/draft in quality - not quantity this year.

We will be able to make a higher number of changes to the list next year, when we are able to participate in free agency.

Frustrating - but it's the smartest way to approach it you'd think.

Ok with Riley and Bail, meh Terlich. But who the heck are we going to delist?? Maybe we really will find away to jettison Evans and Nicholson.

Nah if you think about it Strauss, Clark, Byrnes would have to be certainties whilst Chip would appear to be
Add Blease and Tappy and that is 6 names off the primary list that need to be replaced though Jetta would be 1

So 5 of them
Say we have pick 2,3,20,38,56,74,92,110

5 Picks means we are up to pick 74... Unless we trade that you are not getting much quality there
That could change if we manage to trade out some players for top 40 picks but at until we can have a real crack at FA then I cant see multiple delistings

Hilarious juxtaposition on the MFC site today:

"We need more class on our list" - Roos
"Bail, Terlich, Riley re-sign"

If he trades Watts after saying that then re-signing 'them' .... it better be a ******* good deal!

Nah if you think about it Strauss, Clark, Byrnes would have to be certainties whilst Chip would appear to be
Add Blease and Tappy and that is 6 names off the primary list that need to be replaced though Jetta would be 1

So 5 of them
Say we have pick 2,3,20,38,56,74,92,110

5 Picks means we are up to pick 74... Unless we trade that you are not getting much quality there
That could change if we manage to trade out some players for top 40 picks but at until we can have a real crack at FA then I cant see multiple delistings

Could Harmes be an elevation?

His rate of improvement has been pretty solid.

Could Harmes be an elevation?

His rate of improvement has been pretty solid.
When we spoke to him at the Players' Function he seemed to think he was a pretty good shot, but I personally don't think it'll happen. Not because he doesn't deserve it but because Roosy and co. don't need to do it. He's not going to leave and keeping him on the rookie list for another year allows them to go after a more senior player. Ripping bloke too, btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we spoke to him at the Players' Function he seemed to think he was a pretty good shot, but I personally don't think it'll happen. Not because he doesn't deserve it but because Roosy and co. don't need to do it. He's not going to leave and keeping him on the rookie list for another year allows them to go after a more senior player. Ripping bloke too, btw.

Today's re-signings just made me think that they may prefer to pick a new rookie and elevate Harmes, rather than use a late draft pick.

Will admit I checked closely for the hyphen in 're-sign' in the media release.

That gets me every time as well. I see the article headline and I'm like "Resign or resign?? Dear Lord let it be resign... re-sign... a sacking."

Maybe there was a clerical error somewhere, and we accidentally re-signed them?

I would love to see a retraction on the website the following day.

"When we said Bail, Terlich and Riley had re-signed, we actually meant to say that had resigned. Apologies to all for the misunderstanding - particularly Messrs Bail, Terlich and Riley."

Ouch

Watched the Wash-up on the AFL site and maybe Damo unwittingly proved why we should get a priority pick

He said Jones was a star for playing through adversity, when Garry pressed him on what the adversity was he answered bluntly

He plays for Melbourne

The fact that the name of our club is now all you need to say a joke kind of proves we need help

nickgrant69 said:
Ouch

Watched the Wash-up on the AFL site and maybe Damo unwittingly proved why we should get a priority pick

He said Jones was a star for playing through adversity, when Garry pressed him on what the adversity was he answered bluntly

He plays for Melbourne
The fact that the name of our club is now all you need to say a joke kind of proves we need help
call me crazy but i didn't mind Damo today, made some good observations and points, asides from saying we won't go up the ladder soon. actually enjoyed watching our wash up with Barrett and Gary today

Barrett if your reading this, you did alright today but you haven't won me over and i'm sure you will say something again that we rekindle my dislike of you

But yeah we need all the help we can get, but at the moment it sounds like the AFL is going to take a firm stance with us and support the other 17 clubs opinions rather than help the 1 that needs the help

call me crazy but i didn't mind Damo today, made some good observations and points, asides from saying we won't go up the ladder soon. actually enjoyed watching our wash up with Barrett and Gary today

Barrett if your reading this, you did alright today but you haven't won me over and i'm sure you will say something again that we rekindle my dislike of you

But yeah we need all the help we can get, but at the moment it sounds like the AFL is going to take a firm stance with us and support the other 17 clubs opinions rather than help the 1 that needs the help

I didnt disagree with any of what he has said at all and I kinda laughed when he said that thing about Melbourne lol
He basically admitted he was wrong about Dom Tyson though he made one stupid comment

I wont declare it a win for melbourne because we need a body of work from Tyson before we call him a good player

Josh Kelly however will be a superstar ....

Righto...

Ouch

He plays for Melbourne

Barrett is a flog.

He'll say that and then say we don't deserve a priority pick based on how terrible we are.... then he'll go around saying how terrible we are minutes later!

Yeah Barrett still going on about Kelly is a bit annoying considering how good Tyson looks (And we still got Salem as well wtf?), but I agree with the rest of the stuff he said.

Edit - nvm just heard him about jetta 'not one of the better small defenders in the league' er name 5 better barrett you *

Yeah Barrett still going on about Kelly is a bit annoying considering how good Tyson looks (And we still got Salem as well wtf?), but I agree with the rest of the stuff he said.

Edit - nvm just heard him about jetta 'not one of the better small defenders in the league' er name 5 better barrett you ******

I guess it depends what criteria you base it on
If its as a rebounding defender he isnt even in the top 10
If its purely as a shut down small then there isnt better than him ATM

Can't we just give them all one with performance triggers for a second? What else are they going to do, ditch us and join Hawthorn?

Not that it will necessarily happen with these three (and they might all be on one) but how many times can we get burnt on giving multiple years contracts to the fringiest of fringe players before it becomes clear that it's not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back