General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's why I said earlier I think Harry has the right idea, you can question the way he handles things for sure. The footy industry is a lost cause IMHO. Frankly I am surprised at some of the posts in here regarding it. Seems there are quite a few good ol' boys sticking fat, telling everyone to harden up. If you don't see it their way you must be some kind of poonsie social justice warrior or something.

Look I am gonna straight up say this. This board (MFC) has slowly gone to s**t. If you go against the status quo you get shouted at and abused by those who post a lot. A few years ago when I joined, this place was a lot more open. The tone in here is thinly veiled anger covered up by joke posts about how s**t the club is.

To me this place is like my sparring partner
I mostly come on now to vent a bunch of frustration , hopefully land a couple blows and cop some at the same time

A lot of people have strong opinions on here an I like it, maybe the arguments descend into crap a little too often an I'm apart of that

It's because we all give a s**t, I can't sit by an watch blokes get done by GWS an come on here an talk about the positives

He comes across as a bad bloke, or schizophrenic. I could understand him walking out if he overheard half the playing group talking about hitting the town to lynch some ******s and stomp on homo skulls, but quitting over "off to the Mardi Gras"? A rough equivalent of that would be giving notice because the kitchenette stocks decaf instead of proper coffee.
Yep, done that... although it was instant decaf... Barista made coffee or nothing please, I don't care how much it costs to fly a barista to this island just to make coffee we're out the gate till it happens

(may or may not actually be true)

Demons keen to keep Nathan Jones
Ben Guthrie September 11, 2014 2:55 PM

Wouldn't have picked it.

Not sure how I feel about this one. Do we really want to keep our captain and best player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - I've been getting worried recently that pick 2 and 3 alone wouldn't satisfy the Dogs. Might need to add Chunk to push the deal over the line.
Still paying unders... maybe take pick 3 off the table and throw in Salem and Viney... if that doesn't do it we can always add Gawn

Still paying unders... maybe take pick 3 off the table and throw in Salem and Viney... if that doesn't do it we can always add Gawn
You'll have to do better, we're well stocked for rucks. Pick 3, Salem, Viney, Barassi's left kidney and giving McCartney an hour with Roos' hairdresser would probably get us to the table.

The twenty seven players in bold are either current best 22, or are players we probably consider to be important future prospects. The number in the 60> category is ridiculous - there are 15 players there, 8 of whom are hovering around the 10-15 game mark. That Blease, Tapscott and Spencer have played fewer than 45 games and James Strauss hasn't even played 20 is a serious indictment of our drafting/recruiting, and then you remember who we delisted.

It's going to be a long road back. Until we get at least 10 more guys into the 60-100 bracket finals are going to remain an unlikely prospect.

--

Current games played split.

200+
Daniel Cross

150-200
Nathan Jones
Bernie Vince (151)
Mark Jamar (150)

100-150
James Frawley
Lynden Dunn
Colin Garland
Chris Dawes (101)

75-100
Jack Watts
Jack Trengove

Jordie McKenzie
Mitch Clark
Jack Grimes
Jeremy Howe (78)

50-75
Rohan Bail
Tom McDonald (60)
Neville Jetta (57)

25-50
Matt Jones
Luke Tapscott
Cam Pedersen
Jack Viney
Dom Tyson

Dean Terlich
Sam Blease (31)
Jake Spencer (29)
Dean Kent (28)
Max Gawn (26)

0-25
James Strauss
Aidan Riley
Christian Salem
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Jack Fitzpatrick
Jimmy Toumpas

Alex Georgiou (7)
Viv Michie (7)
Dom Barry (5)
Jesse Hogan (0)

Jayden Hunt (0)
James Harmes (0)

You'll have to do better, we're well stocked for rucks. Pick 3, Salem, Viney, Barassi's left kidney and giving McCartney an hour with Roos' hairdresser would probably get us to the table.

Glad you said Roosy's hairdresser and not Dom's because his hair......you can't teach that.

PJ4SRvf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back