General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Cam McCarthy speak to a media pack at training a short while ago, and to be honest, he just came across as very young - which he is.

I know he could probably pass for Beavis or Buttheads voiceover double, but when a guy steps straight in to a KPF role and plays with aplomb in his first year, it can be easy to forget that he's only 18 years old.

I remember hearing David Beckham being interviewed early days and it was horrific. Sounded like he was on helium and every 3rd word was "yeah" and every 7th and 8th was "you know". In comparison, the things I've heard since have been better.

I like Dane Swan's take on it. Just answer "yep" or "nope" to all the standard media tripe questions.

I can now see why he dropped as far in the draft as he did, the interviews with recruiters wouldn't have done him any favours.

His manager should have applied the Jerry Seinfeld : 'My client chooses not to speak!'

Im sensing from the younger brigade on the board this is a standard conversation? This is how the young peeps sound and communicate these days? Guess and old fart like myself needs to get with the times…

I dunno, i simply can't accept that bright coloured skinny jeans, cute lil pony-tails and facial hair a kitten could lick off your face are in whilst being able to hold an interesting and simple conversion is out.

What in gods name has happened to the world?

Im sensing from the younger brigade on the board this is a standard conversation? This is how the young peeps sound and communicate these days? Guess and old fart like myself needs to get with the times…

I dunno, i simply can't accept that bright coloured skinny jeans, cute lil pony-tails and facial hair a kitten could lick off your face are in whilst being able to hold an interesting and simple conversion is out.

He didn't sound that bad I thought. Yes I'm only early 20s, so are more used to the vernacular, but he gave reasonable answers I thought that were at least more interesting than the usual 'yeah we stuck to our structures and what we worked on at training and it really paid off' lines that are usually trotted out ad nauseum by sportspeople. He just sounded like a laid back 19 year old living the dream.

EDIT: I agree about the fashion though. His hair-do and 'moustache' are pretty stupid looking, but not really worth getting too worked up over

I used to be with it, but then they changed what ‘it’ was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary to me.

you left out *shakes fist* from your post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not an episode of the Big Bang Theory mate, he's a 20y/o bloke with a s**t hair cut and dirty moustache having fun with life whilst getting to live a dream playing footy for a job.

Wouldn't say Bernie is exactly a Rhodes scholar either, doesn't mean you can't enjoy watching him kick a piece of leather around an oval.

Ahh, good stuff, some genuine lol's in the above posts.

I was hoping to get our dole bludgin' youth of the board fired up, only got some semi serious responses which i am disappoint ...

youngbear in particular, well played :D:thumbsu:

I can now see why he dropped as far in the draft as he did, the interviews with recruiters wouldn't have done him any favours.

His manager should have applied the Jerry Seinfeld : 'My client chooses not to speak!'

That may have been because he broke his leg!!

He was actually predicted to go a lot lower. Was only in discussions many suggested because he was the only real talk alternative to Boyd.

He was actually predicted to go a lot lower. Was only in discussions many suggested because he was the only real talk alternative to Boyd.
And no one expected the Giants to bite at all.

Enjoyed reading the message on the board in 'Roos views' sort of like a video easter egg

F.E.A.R
F
lee Everything And Run
Or
Face Everything And Rise
11377151_10155545690940307_6050395439130880272_n.jpg

Enjoyed reading the message on the board in 'Roos views' sort of like a video easter egg

F.E.A.R
F
lee Everything And Run
Or
Face Everything And Rise
11377151_10155545690940307_6050395439130880272_n.jpg

Does that inspire people? I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back