General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought, but I really liked the playing of Hells Bells before the team ran out for home games this year. Soooooo much better than the freaking bugler, and it'll only get better atmosphere wise as we improve and crowds return.
I liked Hells Bells too, but the transition from hells bells to the club song was pretty cringeworthy. if they could figure that out it'd be awesome

I still stand by my suggestion of the robot hell song for all home games

I concur

However i always felt with the dawn of a new era the who's "won't get fooled again" would suit well

Random thought, but I really liked the playing of Hells Bells before the team ran out for home games this year. Soooooo much better than the freaking bugler, and it'll only get better atmosphere wise as we improve and crowds return.
I am in for this. It's a blinder of an opening riff.

This. Or if they're going to stick with what they do currently, at least throw in a comedy A+ record scratch sound
You know, that would work. I think it might be a bit too comic - make the players look a bit Benny Hill - but I would probably enjoy something like that.

Last edited:
You know, that would work. I think it might be a bit to comic - make the players look a bit Benny Hill - but I would probably enjoy something like that.
Yes especially because the players are no longer a laughing stock we have to invent new ways to laugh at them

So I've just watched the first qrt of the Geelong game ... never saw it at the time.

To start with, aside from the first couple of minutes, geez thats some attractive footy we're playing so far.

But you know what has really stood out ... in a game that we're playing so well in, is how ordinary Howe and Toumpas have been to qrt time. Toumpas has had a few cheap touches, but whats mostly stood out is his lack of intensity at the ball and his opponent, and a general lack of an idea in what he's actually doing out there. Howe has flown for 3 marks, actually got a hand on 1, and was no where near the other two, but otherwise he's done literally nothing, other than showing a more severe lack of intensity than Toump

Overall, it really makes you feel good about the moves made this off season, brought in 3 players who, if nothing else, will have a crack, and a couple of exciting high draft picks, for 2 players that managed to be worst on ground in a team that features M.Jones, Lumumba, Dawes and Bail, who despite is short comings, actually looked really good early ... albeit from the pressure he's applying, not from a whole lot else.

So I've just watched the first qrt of the Geelong game ... never saw it at the time.

To start with, aside from the first couple of minutes, geez thats some attractive footy we're playing so far.

But you know what has really stood out ... in a game that we're playing so well in, is how ordinary Howe and Toumpas have been to qrt time. Toumpas has had a few cheap touches, but whats mostly stood out is his lack of intensity at the ball and his opponent, and a general lack of an idea in what he's actually doing out there. Howe has flown for 3 marks, actually got a hand on 1, and was no where near the other two, but otherwise he's done literally nothing, other than showing a more severe lack of intensity than Toump

Overall, it really makes you feel good about the moves made this off season, brought in 3 players who, if nothing else, will have a crack, and a couple of exciting high draft picks, for 2 players that managed to be worst on ground in a team that features M.Jones, Lumumba, Dawes and Bail, who despite is short comings, actually looked really good early ... albeit from the pressure he's applying, not from a whole lot else.
Lumumba & Dawes probably played their best game in Geelong. If both can produce their best form (ever) there is still a place for them. Also, I'm expecting Cannon82's material to slide in the absence of any spuds which would be a minor tragedy

Bloody hell that was a good game. My best moment as an MFC supporter since, since, we drafted Jack Watts... Hmmm, that doesn't quite encapsulate it. Since the Sydney flogging in 2010. Actually, geelong game was better. Since the 2006 EF win over StK.

Lumumba & Dawes probably played their best game in Geelong. If both can produce their best form (ever) there is still a place for them. Also, I'm expecting Cannon82's material to slide in the absence of any spuds which would be a minor tragedy

Don't worry on that front - nothing is certain but death, taxes and spuds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked Hells Bells too, but the transition from hells bells to the club song was pretty cringeworthy. if they could figure that out it'd be awesome

Transition should be at the 0:58 mark (approx) - right when the drums comes in bigtime.

Any shorter and you don't get the impact of the riff, any longer is just too long. Never Tear Us Apart is only 50s.

Birrarung Marr would be a prime location to set up an office, footy department, and oval, but again it would be prohibitively expensive. Same with Flagstaff Gardens.

Best best probably is somewhere in Parkville between the university and the zoo.
So basically Princes Park?

Fantastic. This man was the first big get for the club, and most of our fortunes turning should be attributed to him. A Melbourne person now and fantastic to keep him around doing a fantastic job at the club

excellent news.

Here's a fun exercise. Try and rank these three MFC people in terms of the man-love you have for them:

Nate Jones
Jesse Hogan
Peter Jackson
For me, currently it's:
Jackson
Daylight
Jones
Hogan

Nate battled away for years and not much changed. Hoges is yet to really make his stamp on the club, so far he has delivered a lot of hope and excitement.

But Jackson, he's fundamentally changed the club for the better. I cannot overstate the influence that man has had on our great club. Pure admiration.

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind in years to come.

(edit: fixed an autocorrect)

Last edited:
excellent news.

Here's a fun exercise. Try and rank these three MFC people in terms of the man-love you have for them:

Nate Jones
Jesse Hogan
Peter Jackson

Jones > Jackson > daylight > Hogan

Hogan could be the best player the MFC has ever seen, but he is still only 1 season into his career and is no guarantee he'll finish it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back