General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i saw this and i thought it was pretty funny. I'm not a huge fan of ammi park but i do like the three codes sort of mingle together having to train in the same place

I don't see the point in playing a top up player over any listed player senior or rookie, I'd rather not have one.

Even if the AFL do allow top up players for other clubs, can't see the stamp of approval coming until after Essendon have had their pick of the litter. The cupboard is going to be pretty bare. Would be better to promote one of our rookies.

Even if the AFL do allow top up players for other clubs, can't see the stamp of approval coming until after Essendon have had their pick of the litter. The cupboard is going to be pretty bare. Would be better to promote one of our rookies.
We will promote one of our rookies. I believe our request was for an extra rookie. New rookie would be behind the eight ball on fitness and game style knowledge.

We will promote one of our rookies. I believe our request was for an extra rookie. New rookie would be behind the eight ball on fitness and game style knowledge.

Seems strange to request another rookie when we're pretty much guaranteed not to use them. Maybe a bit of experience for Jake Lovett?

Seems strange to request another rookie when we're pretty much guaranteed not to use them. Maybe a bit of experience for Jake Lovett?

Lovett would be perfect, give him a giant audition to pick him up at the end of the year ... However, assuming we're allowed under the same rules as Essendon, I don't think we'll be allowed to grab him as they have to have played AFL in the last two years. Tho possibly we could be allowed under some kind of father/son top up rule?

Lovett would be perfect, give him a giant audition to pick him up at the end of the year ... However, assuming we're allowed under the same rules as Essendon, I don't think we'll be allowed to grab him as they have to have played AFL in the last two years. Tho possibly we could be allowed under some kind of father/son top up rule?
Nah. Exceptions could be made on request to the AFL if it was someone outside the parameters.

Jake would be perfect. Was going to spend most of the year at Casey anyway; just gives us a free look and he gets a year of time to learn how it is at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"It is believed the Demons are in no rush to bring in a new player in place of Melksham, with the club under the impression the player would be inadequately prepared from a fitness point of view, as well as being behind in understanding the club's game plan."

D.Cross D.Cross D.Cross D.Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back