news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish I could agree but I can't, Hunt wasn't out but he was badly dazed and stumbled around when he got back up, he got a lot more time to recover than most others would have too.

To be fair Hunt stumbles around after a good night sleep, he's a fat unbalanced lump and he was rocked. He also has the best recovery in the game. I always think back to Lesnar/Carwin fight as to how fights are stopped too soon. You're right about being given more time than most, but I think they generally act too quickly when someone isn't out.

Early stoppage for mine. Great knee though.

Don't know man...

In my eyes he woke back up when he hit the ground. Herb Dean gave as much time as I have seen in a situation like that.

WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT WERDUM WOULD KO HUNT WITH A KNEE...Bloody crazy stuff. I have never seen a head move like that in the slow mo. Hunt is a warrior. Cain vs Werdum is as fascinating as they come.

To be fair Hunt stumbles around after a good night sleep, he's a fat unbalanced lump and he was rocked. He also has the best recovery in the game. I always think back to Lesnar/Carwin fight as to how fights are stopped too soon. You're right about being given more time than most, but I think they generally act too quickly when someone isn't out.

Can't agree with you there... Hunt was done. The knee put him out and while the follow up shots didn't look too damaging, Hunt just wasn't doing anything to really protect himself or fight back. Was a brave effort and a fantastic first round, but I think the combination of short notice, altitude and a fantastic opponent was too much for him. Would love to see these two go at it again with Hunt allowed a full 8-12 weeks to prepare as he looked a class above in round 1.

Just watching some of the prelims... Is it just me, or has Humberto Brown crapped his shorts in the 2nd round of his fight against Gabriel Benitez?

I thought that aswell :p, I put it down to water on the stall....Lets just give him the benefit.

Haha, it sure looked like he had and now it appears as though it's confirmed. He now stands proudly alongside Tim Sylvia, Yoel Romero and Andrew "Six Heads" (or turtle heads as he was known for a while) Lewis in the list of fighters to have soiled themselves while fighting.
Sounds like he did mess himself...

In fairness - although I thought he'd crapped himself too, the other ultimate fighter (Morales I think) who wore the blue shorts had the same problem too.

So either multiple fecal fails or an unfortunate cloth colour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad Werdum didn't pull a Nogeriua and go for a sub after KOing Hunt. Pretty clear cut TKO for mine. Hunt was always up against it, i think sometimes that he propensity to go for one punch walkoff KO's might hurt him. Saw it in the Silva fight, if he follwed Silva down and laid some intense GnP he probably gets the stoppage, might have happened here as well i think. Who knows, very easy to judge from the pub.

Hunt was always up against it, i think sometimes that he propensity to go for one punch walkoff KO's might hurt him. Saw it in the Silva fight, if he follwed Silva down and laid some intense GnP he probably gets the stoppage, might have happened here as well i think. Who knows, very easy to judge from the pub.

Only reason I can think he didn't go for it after the knockdowns he hit was he was fearing/respecting Werdum's ground game. Big Foot Silva is a BJJ black belt too (obviously not at the level of Werdum, but still).

Only reason I can think he didn't go for it after the knockdowns he hit was he was fearing/respecting Werdum's ground game. Big Foot Silva is a BJJ black belt too (obviously not at the level of Werdum, but still).
He probably had flash reminders of the last guy who went rushing in haphazardly after knocking him down. Knocks him down - *breathe* don't do what Fedor did..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back