news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its about bloody time the roller should of been on TUF nations that was not the best we had to offer, and we have had to put up with people like ben wall get cracks i just hope he can notch up his first W, not bad to land a spot on the main card as well
Agreed.

Here's a couple of pre-fight promo snippets. He's a bit of a character, which is refreshing considering our roster of Aussie fighters.

Man I hope he can win so he can russtle a few jimmies. :p

What a freak show this promises to be >

800F4FE6-0FE4-4DE8-9962-4D51F0730821.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly funny...

Still can't believe Shamrock couldn't complete the rear choke. But he was stuffed, and it almost looked like he just decided to let go. Funniest part was Kimbo's slow motion punches that led to the referee's stoppage while the 50 year old legs of Shamrock just weren't helping him get up.

Still can't believe Shamrock couldn't complete the rear choke. But he was stuffed, and it almost looked like he just decided to let go. Funniest part was Kimbo's slow motion punches that led to the referee's stoppage while the 50 year old legs of Shamrock just weren't helping him get up.

I thought Kimbo tapped at the start and went limp twice in the choke. Regardless of who is applying the choke, If you have stitched under the neck...You should finish him. Personally would of allowed Kimbo to hit once more :p

Might get abit more discussion in this thread. Can someone explain to me how the hell Kimbo doesnt tap.

Lol WWE stuff, if he can't choke him out when its that deep.

Any deeper & Kimbo would be with child.

Really can't see Penne beating Jedrzejczyk. As the fights approached I was very confident Cain and Pettis would retain their titles and we saw how those fights went, so what do I know?

Penne's at least decent everywhere and is a good grappler. Can't see her getting Jedrzejczyk to the mat for any significant amount of time and Jedrzejczyk was able to survive on the ground with Gadelha. Then on the feet, Penne has been hit quite a bit by fighters who are nowhere near as good technically as Jedrzejczyk is and they don't have the power that she has either.

Jedrzejczyk hasn't really utilised kicks yet either. With her experience in Muay Thai and having trained under Ernesto Hoost it seems like a matter of time before she unleashes some brutal kicks. Obviously she's worried about takedowns but if she sets them up she should be fine (as Aldo's shown).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back