news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Sep 30, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LA Lakers.
How long does it take for PPVs to go up on Fight Pass? I think I read that it was 2 months and now it's changing to 1 month.

I think I'll just subscribe to Fight Pass every so often to catch up from now on.
Fight Pass is a great investment. Cancelled my Netflix and been on Fight Pass the last few months. Love it!

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Fight Pass is a great investment. Cancelled my Netflix and been on Fight Pass the last few months. Love it!
I've subscribed to it off and on since it launched. Wasn't really worth it for me early on because all I was paying for were the first couple of prelims on most cards. Last year I fell behind in UFC events and after a number of months I wanted to catch up, so I got back on Fight Pass and saw all the fights that I missed that I was interested in. It's great for that.

Haven't been subscribed to Fight Pass for a while (saw the recent Cyborg fight in Invicta just before my subscription ended). There haven't been any Fight Pass exclusive UFC cards for a while, but I think I recall that they were blacked out in Australia. There was still a main card and prelims and I could catch the main card of those shows on Foxtel anyway.

There's a bunch of live non-UFC shows on there now though I think. There's Invicta and some Brazilian regional shows and some North American ones too. I'll probably get back on Fight Pass soon to catch up on the last two PPVs.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Couldn't bloody find it anywhere. Any luck?
Found this: http://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/S...eam-Mcgregor-vs-Team-Faber-air-for/td-p/90487

Says it will start airing in early October. That's weird for a US TUF to be delayed by that much on TV here. Lately they've been shown hours after airing in the US. Really unusual.

Edit: Found this: http://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/Sports/The-Ultimate-Fighter-Season-22/m-p/91013/thread-id/5791

Says it starts on 24th Septemeber. That'd still be a pretty big delay.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just watched the video...he answers every question with "5th ammendment"

The Nevada commission will 1 day have a hand in destroying mma.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
It is a bit excessive, but it's the third time he's been popped now so he's only got himself to blame. The guy just doesn't learn and has likely had his career ended because of it. It's a shame as I love watching him fight (when he can be bothered to that is), but it sends a clear message to all athletes that they need to toe the line or they'll pay dearly which I'm OK with.

May 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It's still farcical. The NAC aren't interested in a hearing, they just want fighters to come in and grovel at their feet to appease their egos. If Diaz did that instead of getting his lawyers to put up an actual defense they'd have shaved half of the suspension off. Lundvall was so furious that Diaz didn't grovel that she tried to slap a life ban on him.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I wonder what Dana thinks. A big named fighter out for 5 years.

lol 12 months and was a time where guys were on trt, forget overseen Anderson silva only just got done for 12 months
spider? damn wouldn't of picked him to be on it. but seriously all the gear calls into question some of the fights in the sport

Coke and TRT are all cool, but don't you dare smoke weed.

I suppose Diaz's biggest problem was it was his third strike and they are fairly certain he fought whilst high.
if true he is an idiot fighting high is beyond stupid

Back