news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
http://deadspin.com/a-sketchy-drug-test-didn-t-stop-vitor-belfort-from-figh-1717739475

Lol at this s**t. Has anyone been caught cheating as often as Belfort and managed to escape any meaningful punishment?

First time he failed a drug test, he got suspended for 9/12 months. Ignored the suspension by going over to England and fighting.

Second time he seemingly failed a drug test he was given a title shot against Jon Jones.

Third time he was given another short suspension and rewarded with a title shot against Weidman.

The UFC had a doctor who works for them sending or trying to send fighters to get TRT. Now it's been revealed that they seemingly covered up a drug test failure. How many other times have they done this?

http://deadspin.com/a-sketchy-drug-test-didn-t-stop-vitor-belfort-from-figh-1717739475

Lol at this s**t. Has anyone been caught cheating as often as Belfort and managed to escape any meaningful punishment?

First time he failed a drug test, he got suspended for 9/12 months. Ignored the suspension by going over to England and fighting.

Second time he seemingly failed a drug test he was given a title shot against Jon Jones.

Third time he was given another short suspension and rewarded with a title shot against Weidman.

The UFC had a doctor who works for them sending or trying to send fighters to get TRT. Now it's been revealed that they seemingly covered up a drug test failure. How many other times have they done this?
I'd imagine enough for a couple of belts to change hands.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I think I should backtrack a bit on my comments about the Belfort story. The article made sure to not accuse the UFC of anything sinister and instead simply mentioned that it's very weird. It's certainly very weird and in all likelihood there's been some covering up done by the UFC, but I think I drew too much from what was available.

The 2014 failure for elevated testosterone is documented in this - http://img.bnqt.com/CMS/mmajunkie/assets/vitor-belfort-test-results.pdf

The failed test was from 7 February 2014 and is on page 6 of the pdf. In this one he was flagged as high for both free and total testosterone.

In the 2012 drug test he was flagged as high for free testosterone but not for total. He was still very close to being flagged as high for total testosterone though.

Is this one from 2012 a clear failure or does something else need to be made available to confirm it? Or did something else need to be done to confirm it? I'm not sure but there's plenty of questions the UFC needs to answer.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I've seen bits and pieces of what Faber said about Ludwig. Going to listen to it later. Apparently it was about 70 minutes of him talking about Ludwig :eek:

I see that Ludwig's replied. He mentioned that he doesn't like seeing women get punched in the face and that it makes him feel weird. I've heard all this before. To me it seems like it's said a lot less now than it was a few years back for why someone doesn't like women's fights, which is good. A very good coach like Ludwig not training women goes to show that things in this sport still need to change a lot.

I get that it's this stupid old school mentality, but I really don't understand this view at all. The same people who say this would no doubt love fights like MacDonald/Lawler. I feel like Ludwig would certainly love that fight. You're going to celebrate a fight as brutal as that, but a woman punching another woman in the face is too much for you? o_O

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Americans dont see weed like their Aussie counterparts. Getting busted for weed in America is like getting caught with Herion here....so I have heard :thumbsu:

Not sure if true.

Isn't weed legal in a number of states in the US now? Including Califorina (where Nick lives).

Granted its a banned substance but im pretty sure its 100% legal. This would be akin to an athlete copping 5 years for ibuprofen or paracetamol or caffiene (all of which are legal and only banned "in competition" i believe).

Happy to be proven wrong on any of these as i am no expert.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
*SMH*

@6PR: .@soathehulk has been told he's not welcome at PMH because he's a cage fighter.

12030954_10153830114639305_756139100_n.jpg

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The way I see it..

I just feel like there’s just no point in engaging with these types anymore. If it’s one thing that should be taken from modern day politics – it’s that factual evidence is irrelevant and spouting the rational discussion til you’re blue in the face simply makes you look like a biased apologist. People just don’t care about the truth. See Liberal/national party politics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Brandao just stalked him from the start...this bloke is a beast

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
it will set him up now not sure how high he will rise ufc rankings means nothing anyways. still got massive holes in his game is a killer against bottom tier and we say what he did on tough. im glad it worked out for him good to see that spining back kick again. nice win for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back