news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it's not pretty. He said that it happened in training when someone took him down. His toe got caught between two mats and didnt follow him to the ground. OUCH!

I ******* hate bad mats. Cracked my elbow when sweeping on the concrete between mats at my old gym. Swelled up like a bitch

Gray Maynard injured, out of Lauzon fight at UFC 155 - Jim Miller stepping in to take his place.

Very quick! I came here to post the same thing. This is gonna be a tough fight for Lauzon, even if he fought Maynard. Jim Miller is a tough fight for anyone, but I'm hoping for Lauzon to get up here. I have no idea how he could win this fight, but I want him to win.

The UFC 156 card is looking awesome, so far.

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar
Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Erick Silva vs. TBA
Urijah Faber vs. TBA

Fitch/Maia recently added. Hendo said the fight with Machida will be at UFC 156 but I've seen articles saying that it mightn't be at 156.

Erick Silva vs. TBA
Urijah Faber vs. TBA

Fitch/Maia recently added. Hendo said the fight with Machida will be at UFC 156 but I've seen articles saying that it mightn't be at 156.
That looks as good on paper as UFC 100, looks sick as it stands top to bottom.

Jon Jones on the prelims back then, how times have changed.

Erick Silva vs. TBA
Urijah Faber vs. TBA

I reckon that might be overkill.

But considering injuries 3 or 4 of those fights will probably fall apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that might be overkill.

But considering injuries 3 or 4 of those fights will probably fall apart.
Yeah, you'd think other cards around this one will be relatively bare considering how stacked this one is. Injuries are always a factor of late too, that's what the so far added in my post was for. The card looks awesome so far, but just how awesome the card will look come fight night is the question.

Not that i've been keeping tabs on them or anything but it looks like the B grade big name headliners look to have dried up after about SFL 3 when ex-WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley got decisioned. Not a washed up name in sight in the following 7 cards. Has anybody been following the promotion? Has it gotten better by any chance? It couldn't possibly have gotten worse is all..

Dana interview from 154, talks GSP/Silva:

"If Georges St-Pierre beats Carlos Conduit tomorrow, Anderson Silva will be there sitting cage side and those two will fight. And probably in May".

Not that i've been keeping tabs on them or anything but it looks like the B grade big name headliners look to have dried up after about SFL 3 when ex-WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley got decisioned. Not a washed up name in sight in the following 7 cards. Has anybody been following the promotion? Has it gotten better by any chance? It couldn't possibly have gotten worse is all..
I think the only SFL card I watched was the first one. It has to have gotten quite a bit better since then, surely? There were plenty of things wrong with that broadcast but the only thing I can really remember was how they kept showing the crowd's reaction whilst the fight was taking place. That was awful.

Just had a look at what the cards that have been on since have looked like. The first couple had a few recognisable names but from then on the majority of cards have been filled with no-names. One guy I recognised was Michael Page. He's a really exciting fighter, not sure how good he is as the competition he's come up against hasn't been great so far. He's been signed by Bellator so we'll see how good he is when he takes on some tougher competition.

Here's his first fight.

That's pretty ridiculous, at least show your opponent a sliver of respect at some point in the fight. Sure his performance was impressive but he looks like a dick.

Here's his SFL 7 fight too:

Judging from the crowd/venue downsize the organisation clearly looks to be on the decline.

Judging from the crowd/venue downsize the organisation clearly looks to be on the decline.
Ah yeah, that would be an indication as to why they've not been bringing in many well known fighters lately too. They probably paid Bob Sapp a fair bit to "fight" at the first show which I believe a number of MMA organizations are still doing. No idea why.

Just realised that Dana spoke of Barao defending the interim title in this interview thing.

He spoke about a few other things including some details about the female division coming over to the UFC. He said Rousey's next fight will be her defending her title on a PPV and that fight will be the main event unless there's a title fight in a heavier weight class on the same card. He also said that the only female division being brought to the UFC at this stage is the 135 pound division. Cyborg has said that she can't make 135, she's going to have to if she wants to be in the UFC any time soon.

Guyborg will eventually fight Ronda at 135, there's too many dollars to be made.

Any of you guys got a stream for the Danny Green fight, would appreciate a PM, cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back