General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the fight in the pits will make the news.

What a kick-ass event! Unfortunately I don't think any of it made the news at all. Highlights for me:
- Sam Masters mixing it with the big boys, he was quick!
- Masters taking on Nicki Pedersen and then Pedersen's pit crew.
- Pedersen being booed was quite funny and him flipping the bird to sections of the crowd on his parade lap after the event was hilarious too.
- The atmosphere of the 26.5k spectators there was grouse.
- Brit Tai Woffindon - the newly crowned world champ - singing along with the Australian national anthem. :D
- The racing was really close all night.
- Doyle winning through to the final.

Lowlights:
- There was something wrong with the toilets behind us which meant we smelt methane instead of methanol all night. :mad:
- Holder and Batchelor really struggled all night.
- Doyles crash in the final. It was as bad a crash as I've witnessed in person and the crowd went eerily silent. Fortunately it sounds like he's banged up but okay.

Can't wait til it all comes back next year. 22nd of October 2016 - mark it in your diaries!

What a kick-ass event! Unfortunately I don't think any of it made the news at all. Highlights for me:
- Sam Masters mixing it with the big boys, he was quick!
- Masters taking on Nicki Pedersen and then Pedersen's pit crew.
- Pedersen being booed was quite funny and him flipping the bird to sections of the crowd on his parade lap after the event was hilarious too.
- The atmosphere of the 26.5k spectators there was grouse.
- Brit Tai Woffindon - the newly crowned world champ - singing along with the Australian national anthem. :D
- The racing was really close all night.
- Doyle winning through to the final.

Lowlights:
- There was something wrong with the toilets behind us which meant we smelt methane instead of methanol all night. :mad:
- Holder and Batchelor really struggled all night.
- Doyles crash in the final. It was as bad a crash as I've witnessed in person and the crowd went eerily silent. Fortunately it sounds like he's banged up but okay.

Can't wait til it all comes back next year. 22nd of October 2016 - mark it in your diaries!

If the talent was stronger in the UK I think Woffinden would be calling himself an Australian. He's lived most of his life in Perth.

The fight made the news on 7 here just before. Didn't show any of the racing or the leadup to the fight.

If the talent was stronger in the UK I think Woffinden would be calling himself an Australian. He's lived most of his life in Perth.

The fight made the news on 7 here just before. Didn't show any of the racing or the leadup to the fight.

I think he has a tattoo involving the Australian flag too. He'd probably sneak into the Australian team now!

I would like to have gone to that. I would've been nice to know it was on before last week.

Went to PI today for the state level racing. It wasn't as big a crowd as last week (but that doesn't mean there won't be slow traffic on PI road). There was a close 4 car battle in the formula Vees. It wasn't as good as last week.

also went to the speedway Saturday night. doyles crash was right in front of me. have heard he's stable, but the crash itself was one of the scarier things I've seen

will definitely go again. was a great night overall

Yeah, promotion of it was abysmal. On the back of this year and with even a little bit of advertising, I wouldn't be surprised to see a full house next year.

I would like to have gone to that. I would've been nice to know it was on before last week.

Went to PI today for the state level racing. It wasn't as big a crowd as last week (but that doesn't mean there won't be slow traffic on PI road). There was a close 4 car battle in the formula Vees. It wasn't as good as last week.

Next year's event is on the 22nd of October, the same weekend as the MotoGP at Phillip Island.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think thats good schedualing. I know ill attend both and think it makes sence with all tbe bike fans in town

I actually think thats good schedualing. I know ill attend both and think it makes sence with all tbe bike fans in town

It's a fair point, especially for interstate travellers (70% of the speedway crowd came from interstate) to be able to kill two birds with one stone. It does make for a pretty awkward and expensive weekend though, especially for those staying on the Island for MotoGP. Ideally the speedway would be run in June or July - in between WSB and MotoGP - but with that being the middle of the footy season it's obviously impossible.

It's a fair point, especially for interstate travellers (70% of the speedway crowd came from interstate) to be able to kill two birds with one stone. It does make for a pretty awkward and expensive weekend though, especially for those staying on the Island for MotoGP. Ideally the speedway would be run in June or July - in between WSB and MotoGP - but with that being the middle of the footy season it's obviously impossible.
Well I will be coming from Queensland and it's not doubt it's expensive. For a week on the island in cowes it was $1400 for a unit plus a few hundred for a car but hey, you only live once.

Well I will be coming from Queensland and it's not doubt it's expensive. For a week on the island in cowes it was $1400 for a unit plus a few hundred for a car but hey, you only live once.

It's only money! ;) You ever gone to Sepang? I hear a lot of Queenslanders and West Australians go to the Malaysian GP as it's a lot cheaper.

Mark Webber his team mates and Porsche. World drivers champions and world constructors champions. Fair effort and really happy for Mark.

Was a tough race! I have been enjoying wec over the last couple of years.

Only took Porsche two seasons to conquer all again.

Mark Webber his team mates and Porsche. World drivers champions and world constructors champions. Fair effort and really happy for Mark.

Was a tough race! I have been enjoying wec over the last couple of years.

Only took Porsche two seasons to conquer all again.
They don't join up to lose, it was only a matter of time.