General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh of course but I doubt they would have predicted themselves to achieve it all by the end of the second year.
I reckon they would have, they're a confident bunch.

Just found out she's going out with one of, if not the best, vision impaired drivers in the worlds in max verstappen.

Normally it's a blow to guys to find out such an attractive woman is taken (like me with Rachael neiberding). But I wonder if there's anyone we know who'll find that it's terrible news that max is in a relationship?

Could do with some airbags...

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Is this a new video? I've seen something very similar. I'd like to see them do a test with the halo bars on the car, like what we normally run on our much slower wingless sprintcars.

I was at PI yesterday. How would you feel if you competed in a car race, finished 4 seconds behind the winner in 8th position? It happened in the FVees

There's a class for Hyundai excels. It's costs $5000 to convert one for racing. There were 33 of the campaigners on the weekend.
I love Formula Vee racing, real basic and budget racing all about how good a driver is. I had the opportunity to drive one at Mallala one day, was awesome fun.

The cars are not powerful enough for "good" drivers to show their ability. But I get it if you mean it allows driver nouns, racing tactics to succeed, the you're right. Regardless of how good a driver you are, I reckon you're at a disadvantage if you're 80kg+. Maybe even 75kg. But one thing I've learnt in all this time of attending these lower level state meetings. It's better to be running at the back of these lower level classes, than not to be running at all.

If you offered me a year's worth of FVee racing, but said I wouldn't do better than the bottom 1/3 of the field? I'd say "Thanks. I'll take it!"

Yeah obviously physical differences can help or hinder but its great for tactics and so forth as you mentioned. I used to love going to meetings at Mallala, even early 90s ATCC, Super Tourers and Super Trucks (at their height) had categories like those as supports.

It was and is great racing.

I was at PI yesterday. How would you feel if you competed in a car race, finished 4 seconds behind the winner in 8th position? It happened in the FVees

There's a class for Hyundai excels. It's costs $5000 to convert one for racing. There were 33 of the campaigners on the weekend.

I see heaps of those Excels getting ferried around on the back of trailers. Would be a heap of fun and you won't get much cheaper motorsport than that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of us have been fans for a long time. Even though it doesn't feel like it. We all all have particular memories we're fond of. Sometimes, it's not do with the racing. The actual racing is the bread and butter of motorsport. If that's all there was to offer, we'd be satisfied. But something I remember as a kid, was C9 closing credits for the AGP coverage. They were terrific viewing. C9 actually gave a s hit about the presentation of their coverage. If we had a similar high level of coverage nowadays, I don't think we'd complain about it as often as we do. It's not the full clip. But it took me years to find out the song was Atomic Playboys - Steve Stevens.

Some of us have been fans for a long time. Even though it doesn't feel like it. We all all have particular memories we're fond of. Sometimes, it's not do with the racing. The actual racing is the bread and butter of motorsport. If that's all there was to offer, we'd be satisfied. But something I remember as a kid, was C9 closing credits for the AGP coverage. They were terrific viewing. C9 actually gave a s hit about the presentation of their coverage. If we had a similar high level of coverage nowadays, I don't think we'd complain about it as often as we do. It's not the full clip. But it took me years to find out the song was Atomic Playboys - Steve Stevens.

Ha! That's an old friend of mine's channel. He used to have a series of beer sculling vids wearing a ski mask but sadly looks like he took them down lol

Channel 9 used to present well but their actual coverage was atrocious those last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back