General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shannon's Nationals website hasn't posted any thing, neither has speedcafe so I'd say that is good news.

I hate it when pricks say those sorts of thing, complete campaigners.

Not aimed at you NSWCROW, aimed at the guy who you got it from.

Shannon's Nationals website hasn't posted any thing, neither has speedcafe so I'd say that is good news.

I hate it when pricks say those sorts of thing, complete campaigners.

Not aimed at you NSWCROW, aimed at the guy who you got it from.
yeahnar , i should've known better than to spout off.
i ASSUMED ( didn't verify ) and we all know what happens when you assume something.

Nothing would make me happier to hear he's gonna be ok.
And rest assured , the guy i saw post it will get a rocket

Went go kart racing the other week. Track was in a mallee forest. You screwed up, you ended up rapped around some mallee. It's not good to think about how the cart you're trying to overtake happens to touch wheels with yours, someones going to flip into the trees.These were 150cc 4 speed manual.
Where was this?

The Suzuka 8 Hours is on this weekend. Australia is well represented with Broc Parkes and Josh Brookes racing for the factory Monster Yamaha team (with Nakasuga) and Josh Waters again with Yoshimura Suzuki alongside Randy De Puniet and Tsuda. Both are an excellent chance to win. Other Australians racing include Wayne Maxwell, Rick Olson, Jamie Stauffer, Troy Herfoss, Josh Hook, Damien Cudlin and Gareth Jones. Also notable riders include Johnny Rea, Leon Haslam, Michael Van Der Mark, Dominique Aegerter, Akira Yanagawa, Noriyuki Haga and the legend tha is Kevin Schwantz.

Also, 18 year old Meghan Rutledge from Picton in NSW is aiming to become Australia's first Women's World MX champ at the final round in the Czech Republic this weekend. She's currently second in the standings, a measly 4 points from the lead. Go Meghan!

There's a new racing series starting this weekend called the Formula E Championship

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en.aspx

It seems to be all street races [10 events from Sept 2014 to June 2015].
Seems like another version of the A-1 League from 10 or so years ago.
Lot's of familiar drivers if you follow F1 or Indycar over the years.

The opening race in Beijing is live on Fox Sports 1 this Saturday at 6pm.

Today would've been Barry Sheene's 64th birthday. It's been 11 years since he died! Time flies!

Does anybody know/care the Australian WRC round is on tomorrow?
Not as much as I should :(

I've been weaned off it by years of being unable to follow races apart from the midday recaps, where a whole event is packed into a half hour.

I do wish it was shown live and in full on FTA TV (and if it is, please tell me where!!!), it's still one of the most spectacular motorsports I can think of.