General music chat not warranting its own thread thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how they are ranking it; is it most requested or highest selling single? Either way, the fact My Humps is in there at all is an indictment on everyone involved. I remember thinking it was terrible at the time despite its popularity. Having seen it again for the first time in years, I would have to say it's the worst song of the decade, narrowly edging out Lips of an Angle. It is a song without a single redeemable feature and pretty offensive too. As for Don't Cha, I have a soft spot for that one as it was the soundtrack of a particularly fruitful footy trip

Must be going by highest selling singles as some obviously would cross over if they came out in December

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously forgot how bad 2005 was for mainstream music. Granted it isn't good in any year but '05 was particularly bad. My Humps and Hollaback Girl are two of the worst piles of rubbish I've ever heard and I couldn't believe how bad they were. The only saving grace was Feel Good Inc.

Also, it seems they are going by chart positions because that punk rocker song was number 1 for about 3 months as sad as that sounds.

"I be tossin, enforcin, my style is awesome
I'm causin more Family Feud's than Richard Dawson"

Anyone seen this or heard it? BBC launched BBC Music in early October. God Only Knows, a great reworking of The Beach Boys' classic song

BBC Music launches with special reworking of God Only Knows
BBC Music has created a unique broadcasting and musical moment spanning the BBC’s television, radio and online networks at 8pm on Tuesday 7 October.
From BBC One to BBC Radio 6 Music, BBC iPlayer to BBC Radio Cornwall, BBC outlets will join forces in the very first pan-channel broadcast of God Only Knows, an extraordinary reworking of The Beach Boys' classic song uniting 27 internationally acclaimed artists from across the musical genres to form ‘The Impossible Orchestra’.

The promotional film marks the official launch of BBC Music - an ambitious wave of new programmes, innovative partnerships and ground-breaking music initiatives that amount to the BBC’s strongest commitment to music in 30 years.

God Only Knows will be released as a single in aid of BBC Children in Need. It will be available to download from midnight on Tuesday 7 October......
BBC Music launches with special reworking of God Only Knows

Whose in the Impossible Orchestra - see
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/16Pkb2PwbHJxjVhJmYwQBw6/whos-in-the-impossible-orchestra

Last edited:
The BBC hoped that it would be taken up by the public and the rest of the media in the same way that Perfect Day was a few years ago.

As the God Only Knows effort was nowhere near as good (and a less appropriate choice of song, too), it went largely un-noticed and unremarked.

What's the book like? I'm afraid a book on Tom Waits might take away the mystique behind him. It's apparently really good though.

It's great.

He has his critics but the author isn't one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back