Mega Thread General Pre-Season Discussion, News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The curse of Norm Smith strikes again:(

The Norm Smith curse is a cracker, been hurting the Dees since 1960!

But I reckon this is the karma bus running over the Dees and Roos for bidding on Swans infused Heeney with pick 2 just to make a point about the academies when they knew there was no chance of actually having to use pick 2 on Heeney.

If last years draft had the news points rule in place there is no way Melbourne (formerly known as the Tankers) would have bid on Heeney at 2. They would have picked Melbourne bred Petracca and Brayshaw at 2 and 3. Bad luck for the lad with his ACL but Roos brought the karma bus on himself.

Be interesting to see what happens with bidding this year when there is a chance we could pass on a player then the bidding team gets stuck with a red and white through and through potentially go home draftee thereby burning a high draft pick. The new points system will bring (a little) honesty to bidding.

Jake lloyd signed on for a further 2 years!!. When is the mass exodus meant to start??

that is great news. He was stoked the Swans gave him a shot. He got passed over in his first draft. good on him, he will only get better when he gets the confidence to take the game on at AFL level. I know he is a wonderful shot at goal if he allows himself to be. As a set shot he never misses but his on the run stuff has bee a bit shaky but he will pick that up with a bit of confidence this season.

By the way the young brigade all have a huge rapport and Lukie Parker is the conduit. They all look to him you watch them. This kid looks up to Lukie as a leader as does, Robbo, Tommy, Harry, BJ, Ramps, Deano, Zac and the list goes on. It is all about the bloke's attitude. They respect him because of his work rate, professionalism, polish, grit & dedication to this footy club. Lloydy is going to be a part of the next premiership you bet!

Crap apparently i've reached my weekly article limit

Go to your preferences pane and remove the offending cookie. A fresh one will appear with the count set back to 1. Go back and reload the page you wanted.

Works for any newspaper which has a 10 article limit (SMH etc).

The Norm Smith curse is a cracker, been hurting the Dees since 1960!

But I reckon this is the karma bus running over the Dees and Roos for bidding on Swans infused Heeney with pick 2 just to make a point about the academies when they knew there was no chance of actually having to use pick 2 on Heeney.

If last years draft had the news points rule in place there is no way Melbourne (formerly known as the Tankers) would have bid on Heeney at 2. They would have picked Melbourne bred Petracca and Brayshaw at 2 and 3. Bad luck for the lad with his ACL but Roos brought the karma bus on himself.

Be interesting to see what happens with bidding this year when there is a chance we could pass on a player then the bidding team gets stuck with a red and white through and through potentially go home draftee thereby burning a high draft pick. The new points system will bring (a little) honesty to bidding.

Do you really think that mate? bungee thanks you fixed my problem :)

Judging by the article and the list in the opening post from contract status thread, the end of the 2016 season could be it:eek::drunk:

The end of 2016 does not worry me that much. Yes we have a lot of players coming out of contract then but the cap will jave increased and the contracts of shaw,goodes, richards and pyke will almost certainly be gone by that stage. Then the older brigade like macca and grundy will be on reduced salaries because of their age.

I have unfaultering faith in our list management team.

In saying all that, the one player i strongly believe will leave is jetta. Cant see him sticking round after this current deal

Can you imagine being Petrecca? The hottest AFL property in the land, 18yo, bucks and footy in his eye. All of that would seem a distant memory now.
Hopefully all the best for Petrecca and his recovery.

Rotten news for the guy.

And as much as I'm interested in our new kids I deliberately try and tamp down on my excitement until they hit semi-regular senior appearance. Injuries & whatnot with these kids is all too common. I'd over invest I'm sure:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh on jetta. Yer he had a dirty day in the gf but so were 21 other guys.

Jetta had a pretty good year imo. Not as flashy as 2012 but far more consistant. Was excellent in congestion and by far our best field kick. Browse through the games and you will see some excuisite football from him

It seems as though he is turning into our version of brent stanton. No matter how he plays he seems to cop a bit from alot of supporters.

Hes not perfect by any means, his defensive effort needs to increase so he applies himself for a full game, but make no mistake he is crucial for our success

I don't think we need to re-hash this topic again.

Nope - having seen Heeney at the academy first hand, I'm sure Roos would have been thrilled to bring him to the Demons at P2. Heeney has that much potential and is already well on the road to delivering on it.

Can we wait and see how he goes in a half back flank role before we Jettason him back across the Nullabor?

He has a lot of similarities with Malceski. Good kick, hands, speed and decision making. And Malceski was never the toughest player, but he invariably took on the 3rd/4th forward and went in when it was his turn.

One area I think we'll miss Malceski, and Shaw eventually, are the kick-ins. I think Jetta has huge potential to take over this responsibility along with McVeigh.

Can we wait and see how he goes in a half back flank role before we Jettason him back across the Nullabor?

He has a lot of similarities with Malceski. Good kick, hands, speed and decision making. And Malceski was never the toughest player, but he invariably took on the 3rd/4th forward and went in when it was his turn.

One area I think we'll miss Malceski, and Shaw eventually, are the kick-ins. I think Jetta has huge potential to take over this responsibility along with McVeigh.

Could you imagine jetta and rohan in top flight coming off the half back line....talk about sling shot footy!!!

Our half back line is harder to work out than our forward line. Guys like rohan,jetta,mcveigh,laidler,rampe,jones and shaw are all capable of playing well there. Its just a matter of getting the combo right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back