General Question Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ours went like this. We have captains enabled which means people looking for captain double scorers. I know non captain leagues have more forward and backs taken earlier.

Round 1
Rockliff, Ablett, Jelwood, Barlow, Lewis, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, SJ, Beams, Priddis, S Martin, Heppell

Round 2
Malceski (i Know right), Jacobs, Kennedy, Treloar, Harvey, Bartel, D Martin, Goddard, Fyfe, Gray, Redden, Deledio

Round 3 started with Swan if you interested he was missed out.
Then Goldstein and Mumford went which started a panic and 6 rucks went this round

Hope that helps

Is this for draft leagues? If so, this might help - http://www.fantasyfootyclub.com/sho...Club-RDT-and-SC-Cheat-Sheets-Bonus-Team-Sheet

At the moment you need to create an account (takes a couple of minutes) to download the sheet/be able to view it (which is player rankings for each position), trying to remove the needing of an account to download it but we have to wait for the tech admin to get on so he can make the changes needed.

If that's not what you're after, fanfooty is handy for individual player averages.

Cheers mate...
How are these sorted?
Is it purely based on 2014 ave?

2014 average (I guess past averages as well) + expected change - whether we expect them to improve/drop off as a player this season.

Cheers.
May need to go deeper in a 16 team draft, but this helps.

Last year I used a spreadsheet which showed 2012 and 2013 averages and games played.
I ruled out anyone who had missed more than 6 games 2 seasons in a row (with few exceptions)
This helped me draft a team of consistent performers, who generally stated on the park.
I would have loved to add 2014 stats to this spreadsheet, so that I had a 3 year sample, but this might take a bit of work to do...my draft is this week

Cheers.
May need to go deeper in a 16 team draft, but this helps.

Last year I used a spreadsheet which showed 2012 and 2013 averages and games played.
I ruled out anyone who had missed more than 6 games 2 seasons in a row (with few exceptions)
This helped me draft a team of consistent performers, who generally stated on the park.
I would have loved to add 2014 stats to this spreadsheet, so that I had a 3 year sample, but this might take a bit of work to do...my draft is this week
Cheers for the feedback, info has been passed on.

Will probably look into expanding it further next season if it's found to be a useful source to those in draft leagues that are using it.

Cheers for the feedback, info has been passed on.

Will probably look into expanding it further next season if it's found to be a useful source to those in draft leagues that are using it.
That'd be great.
In a draft league, I feel I really need to be able to sort players into positions, and see clearly, player averages and games played, in order to make more informed decisions. It paid off last year, picking the likes of Kade Simpson and Nick Riewoldt, who, while not having the highest averages, continued their recent records of playing most games each year

Who would be solid but not predictable late picks in a 10 team (22 player) draft?

Who would be solid but not predictable late picks in a 10 team (22 player) draft?
A few at that point that could have decent years but not really DT relevant due to poor price

Backs: Bugg, Savage, McGovern, Logan

Mids: Melksham, Wallis

Forwards: Danny Stanley, Cunningham, Stringer, Turner

I really don't know how deep you are going to need to go but a few names I fell that will improve their average. But you never pay the DT price for them in the guns and rookies world.

Hey all

If this isn't the right thread please remove but I'm splitting hairs between Swan AND Bartel for F3. Who should i go for?

Bartel close to 90 in half a game against the Blues, Swan rather inconspicuous for me but still got a high 90 score. Decisions to make...

I got shutdown by a few for saying swan wasnt a lock at the start of nan cup now everyones questioning his position.

He has been in and out of my team all preseason....right now he is out.

Not confident after watching him closely on saturday night against us. Barely saw him in the middle, seemed like he still may have some fitness issues? I don't know i see him more as an upgrade target now.

He has been in and out of my team all preseason....right now he is out.

Not confident after watching him closely on saturday night against us. Barely saw him in the middle, seemed like he still may have some fitness issues? I don't know i see him more as an upgrade target now.
Im basically look to pick 3 of these 4 (Bartel, Martin, Gray and Swan) for my starting forward options. My structure could very well change though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Gray get tagges now as the number 1 port player? Or can he negate that by going forward and still scoring very much like Martin.

Also considering leaving Martin put for round 1 then bringing him in for round 2

that's my reasoning for leaving gray out... how will he go getting worked over week in week out?
he gave freo a belting last time, I cant see Lyon giving him the same grace in round 1.

Does Gray get tagges now as the number 1 port player? Or can he negate that by going forward and still scoring very much like Martin.

Also considering leaving Martin put for round 1 then bringing him in for round 2

Martin certainly hasnt lit it up against the blues has he

Prior to last season, the formula was:

New price = (.75 * old price) + (.25 * magic number * 3 game rolling average)​
Where the magic number changed every week

STARTING PRICES:
Base price = DT ave * magic number​
If the player played less than 10 games, the price would be multiplied by
.70 + (10 - games played * .3)​

As for the rookies, the higher you were picked in the draft, the higher your price, this line was linear and stopped at a particular price. I don't remember the exact numbers.

I tried asking about the new 2014 price formula, but I didn't get far.

That's still the RDT one, AFL Fantasy has a pretty weird system, been a good while since I looked at it, completely forgotten it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back