General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff by Marsh. Way to stick it right up the critics and doubters (including me).

It'll be a nice quiet week without Cousin Jed abusing Virgin & putting the reverse mozz on our cricketers on Twitter.

Gotta love the Australian expectations on sport.

Pretty much every media outlet this morning: "Australia has FINALLY won a medal at the Winter Olympics..."

FFS, we're a country that has over 60% land that is classified as arid or semi-arid.

Pretty much every media outlet this morning: "Australia has FINALLY won a medal at the Winter Olympics..."

FFS, we're a country that has over 60% land that is classified as arid or semi-arid.

Agreed. Seriously, we'd won only two bronze medals until the 2002 Olympics. We're still the only southern hemisphere country to win Winter Olympic gold. We have no permanent snow. People are stupid. The fact that we've medalled in every Winter Olympics since 1994 is phenomenal. Expecting gold every go around now is just nuts.

Great stuff by Marsh. Way to stick it right up the critics and doubters (including me).

Match defining partnership here with Smith.

Kudos to the selectors too. It takes some guts to select someone based on what you think they can bring, rather than their actual output at the lower level. You open yourself up to criticism and it is more risky but sometimes I think that they have to do that, particularly when no-one is putting together multiple summers of 1000 runs at domestic level. It seems to me that the same selection process that got Bailey into the side (which didn't work) got Marsh in as well.

Geez, it is early days yet but if Marsh can somehow lock down first/second drop, then we've suddenly got a middle order.

Can't forget Smith as well. This is turning out to be a fair 12 month period from the English Ashes onwards. He's one I've always had some time for. A less than perfect technique but such a good eye as well as a combative mindset - it has been said before but he's the reincarnation of a young Steve Waugh in a lot of ways.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Agreed. Seriously, we'd won only two bronze medals until the 2002 Olympics. We're still the only southern hemisphere country to win Winter Olympic gold. We have no permanent snow. People are stupid. The fact that we've medalled in every Winter Olympics since 1994 is phenomenal. Expecting gold every go around now is just nuts.
Way to 'Eamon' it up, Torah :rolleyes:

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000326593/Cowboys-win-coin-flip-over-Ravens

In your goddamn stinking face dlanod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

We'll almost certainly draft the rookie of the year now while you cry watching the hopeless spud that you get at 17, spudding it up in your spuddy team of spuds!

I saw that... and immediately thought "Jerry's just going to draft someone he could've gotten in the third round, and Ozzie will take the slider with the top 10 talent". So good for you! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still the only country in the southern hemisphere to win a gold at the winter olympics so we're doing ok for a country with no real snow season (by international standards)

My entire rugby league universe is very nominally supporting the Roosters and wishing misery on the Broncos.

As such, Cameron Smith staying with the Storm made me smile.

I reckon it's great especially in RL where the farce of players announcing moves mid-season leaves a sour taste. Can't remember the last time I watched a game of RL from start to finish though, SOO included.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I know there are more players in the NFL, meaning more signings, but god damn is following the Free Agency rush so damn fun!!

Going to miss DeMarcus Ware so much.

Talib and potentially Ware will boost the Broncos D bigtime.

God damn I'd love for the Steelers to nab Ware but t'is a pipe dream, especially with the Steelers attitude towards Free Agency.

Cool little tidbit, there have only been 6 NFL sack leaders that have done it multiple times in their career and 2 of them are free agents in this period, Jared Allen & Ware.

I'm just happy keeping Monroe after the last few years of McKinnie and Oher. Wouldn't mind Oher back at RT but it's probably a pipe dream. Hopefully a year of Jacoby Jones, Brandon Stokley and Tandon Doss has rammed home the necessity for a credible second WR.

Going to miss DeMarcus Ware so much.

Talib and potentially Ware will boost the Broncos D bigtime.

How the hell are they affording that? Oh well they may as well make a really hard push. May leave them in a few issues in 2-3 years time but worth it for a ring

How the hell are they affording that? Oh well they may as well make a really hard push. May leave them in a few issues in 2-3 years time but worth it for a ring

Apparently a fairly huge percentage of their team is still on their rookie contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back