General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing experience at Pig N Whistle Riverside last night for Liverpool Vs Manchester City .

The supporter base for City were all class last night, helping to remember the 96. There was about 500 people inside at that point , and dead Silent during the minute of remembrance

And then an absolute ripper of a game!!

One of the best atmospheres I've been part of. And I didn't even have a beer

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Feel for him.
Absolutely. To be annointed by Ferguson was probably both a blessing and a curse.

Moyes may ultimately be a good coach of good players but not necessarily a great coach of great players.

FWIW, I reckon even Sir Alex would struggle with the group Moyes has.

I have a feeling, that with five years left on his contract, the Golden handshake will make it sting a little less. It's a crossroads for the club... Interesting to see how it goes and whether the Glazers are able to make the right decisions to get the club back on track.

Sent from my Pip-Boy

Wow, that was over the top. :confused:

Was a comment on the likely ebb and flow of casual sports fans in Brisbane across all codes (a regular topic of discussion this board), not a shot at their real supporters.

No reason whatsoever to be offended assuming you are one of the true supporters. Did you even read the second line?

Wow, that was over the top. :confused:

Was a comment on the likely ebb and flow of casual sports fans in Brisbane across all codes (a regular topic of discussion this board), not a shot at their real supporters.

No reason whatsoever to be offended assuming you are one of the true supporters. Did you even read the second line?

Sorry TBD. The wheels on my wagon have fallen off today. I only got to the pub to watch the second half after working today.

I mis-interpreted as a snip towards big time Roar fans like myself, who would have been at Suncorp if it wasn't for circumstances I am in. Watching the game at the pub was good enough for me today, and that, it was second half only.

For discussion though, another amazing day for football in Queensland. A 3rd Championship to go with 2 Premierships is amazing.

There will be glory fans, no doubt. But having sat with The Den throughout the year and in the la-de-da plantium section, I can tell you I've seen the best and worst of supporters.

The Den was a lot of fun! Plantium section..... I had to deal with w***er supporters that don't want people around the to TALK ABOUT ******* FOOTBALL!

But hey as a Roar fan, my most memorable moment from this season was sitting a section away from Sydney FC supporters chanting...

We only hate Smurfs
We only hate Smuuuuurfs
We're not racist...
We only hate Smurfs! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, it is good to see a team that genuinely goes out to score goals. Wanderers played a very cynical game...nearly successful but not a gameplan for the purists.

The Roar are a remarkable club though. They lose talent and then find or develop replacements. Be interesting to see if they can find a new Berisha.

The Roar are a remarkable club though. They lose talent and then find or develop replacements. Be interesting to see if they can find a new Berisha.

Apparently they're in talks with the ex-Wellington Phoenix striker Stein Huysegems who looked pretty good in an average side.

My first time to the soccer not in my mates box - was sitting just to the right of the Den - very different watching from ground level end to upper level mid field ...

Don't think my mate would have survived it going to a penalty shootout (his nerves were shot enough) ...

Very glad we won - Wanderers play a foul game (pun intended) - but think it was a good choice for sending off to the 250 million overseas viewers.

On the way back to the train some WSW supporters were telling me that the Roar were a dirty team, that we had paid off the umpires, that Broich deserved what he got after trying to milk a free after hitting their players elbow with his face and that they had the moral victory ... chose not to engage in that particular debate ...

Apparently they're in talks with the ex-Wellington Phoenix striker Stein Huysegems who looked pretty good in an average side.

There has been a few stories that there is a German guy on the radar who is mates with Broich.

On the way back to the train some WSW supporters were telling me that the Roar were a dirty team, that we had paid off the umpires, that Broich deserved what he got after trying to milk a free after hitting their players elbow with his face and that they had the moral victory ... chose not to engage in that particular debate ...

Twats like that always fire up after Roar games. Perth glory fans a couple years ago were worse

Whatever helped them sleep at night :) The best team all season won in the end and WSW were lucky to have 11 players on the field in the end

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Bloody Chelsea. Only had to beat Norwich for the Black Cats to avoid relegation. Now we're still walking the tightrope. A nervous couple of games to go. Still got a game in hand over Norwich and our last two matches v Swansea and West Brom are both at home - very winnable clashes given current form.

It has been a remarkable effort to get to this point - we've taken 7 points from recent matches against Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd.

Then there is a court case likely to come - it would be nice to be more than 3 points clear of 18th just in case an adverse ruling is handed down.

Bloody Chelsea. Only had to beat Norwich for the Black Cats to avoid relegation. Now we're still walking the tightrope. A nervous couple of games to go. Still got a game in hand over Norwich and our last two matches v Swansea and West Brom are both at home - very winnable clashes given current form.

It has been a remarkable effort to get to this point - we've taken 7 points from recent matches against Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd.

Then there is a court case likely to come - it would be nice to be more than 3 points clear of 18th just in case an adverse ruling is handed down.

You have too good a team to go down. Just need to sort those lapses in form.

Not a bad finish for the first full A-League game I've ever bothered to watch.
Western Sydney really shouldn't have been allowed to almost foul their way to victory(and ruin first 70 minutes of the game).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back