General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see if Nicks win spurs Tomic on..wake up call and all that.

Imagine if we had both of them doing their best at the same time.....would be a huge lift for Aussie tennis, and fun to watch.

Anyone been watching J-bay? Jesus jordy smith is gonna be hard to stop. I reckon Julian Wilson will give him a run for his money though.

For any soccer fans interested in the battle of the giants aka Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, what do you guys think of Barcelona signing Suarez and Madrid close to signing Falcao? A potential Messi, Neymar, Suarez vs. Ronaldo, Falcao, Bale match up would be incredible.

For any soccer fans interested in the battle of the giants aka Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, what do you guys think of Barcelona signing Suarez and Madrid close to signing Falcao? A potential Messi, Neymar, Suarez vs. Ronaldo, Falcao, Bale match up would be incredible.

Apparently Madrid are also trying to procure James from Monaco. James is the Colombian forward who looked very impressive throughout the entire the WC.

Personally, can't stand Suarez the man at all, as a footballer, he is quite brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just putting this here for next month when the EPL starts.

I declare that I shall try hardest to avoid British style tribalism regarding football teams and avoid slogging a certain team that plays in the vicinity of Old Trafford :p

But, yeeeeah, I'm going to miss Suarez..... but not like he was going to play for us anytime soon anyway :)

I find the Wayne Bennett stuff pretty distasteful - doesn't paint the Broncos in a good light nor Bennett himself. Tarnishing a legacy?
Probably knows it's his last contract and desperate to get back to his family. I think the last few years have been about making as much money as possible so his kids can be looked after for the rest of their lives.

Yeah, one of his sons has some significant disabilities IIRC.

In that case, I would imagine that for a parent who won't be around forever, no amount of money in the bank is too much.

I despise the Broncos but even I have to admit that Bennett returning to the Broncos is a pretty romantic story.

In that case, I would imagine that for a parent who won't be around forever, no amount of money in the bank is too much.

I despise the Broncos but even I have to admit that Bennett returning to the Broncos is a pretty romantic story.

Pretty sure two have disabilities and working in the field, I understand the money aspect, but I don't get romance of it. To me this has a Carlton mentality to it and the culture of the Broncos is on the line. It's an all in bet with massive ramifications.

I find the Wayne Bennett stuff pretty distasteful - doesn't paint the Broncos in a good light nor Bennett himself. Tarnishing a legacy?
Nah. The Knights situation has nothing to do with him, and the Broncos have made mistake after mistake since he left. Anthony Griffin is a liability and doesn't seem to be capable of making good decisions.

Having said that, I would love for the Broncos to keep Griffin. They deserve him.

I think two of his sons are disabled.

Edit: yeah, it's a son and a daughter who have disabilities.
Pretty sure two have disabilities and working in the field, I understand the money aspect, but I don't get romance of it. To me this has a Carlton mentality to it and the culture of the Broncos is on the line. It's an all in bet with massive ramifications.
Their culture has been an issue for a while now. Leaking talent like a sieve.

Last edited:
He only has one son who has some disabilities and a daughter in a wheelchair, the other daughter is married to Ben Ikin.

Yeah I am entirely unfamiliar with all the politics behind the move so can't comment about that.

But geez for a long long time Bennett WAS the Broncos. Has a bit of a "prodigal son returns home" feeling but could understand if some people see it as a desperate act.

Will definitely put bums on seats and bring some influential and wealthy powerbrokers back into the fold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back