News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

A friend of mine was in the games weightlifting team expecting to lift in open weight and was weighing in at about 87kg. Two weeks ago the officials told her she had to go in the under 75s so she had to drop 12kg in two weeks. She collapsed in the athlete rest area before the weigh in and was taken to hospital so did not compete. Very sad time for her.

Another old mate and former opponent Tristan Thomas was also supposed to compete last night but had to pull out due to injury. Tasmanians aren't having much a week in world sport :thumbsdown:

A friend of mine was in the games weightlifting team expecting to lift in open weight and was weighing in at about 87kg. Two weeks ago the officials told her she had to go in the under 75s so she had to drop 12kg in two weeks. She collapsed in the athlete rest area before the weigh in and was taken to hospital so did not compete. Very sad time for her.

Another old mate and former opponent Tristan Thomas was also supposed to compete last night but had to pull out due to injury. Tasmanians aren't having much a week in world sport :thumbsdown:
Sounds like a professional setup going on over there. How the hell did they not inform her she wasn't competing in what she thought?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by Kyrgios this morning to beat Youzhny in the first round of the US Open.

Comes up against Seppi next round which certainly won't be easy but you certainly couldn't rule Nick out.

Didn't watch him this morning but boy do I love watching him play. Has serious talent and has the attitude to get the most out of himself unlike Tomic who expects it to happen without putting in the hard yards.

Aphrodite did you watch him this morning?

Matty Ebden also had a really strong win against Kamke.

Hewitt up against Berdych tonight so Lleyton is certainly up against it to progress through to the second round. Tomic faces Dustin Brown who he should beat comfortably but if he's not switched on he'll get destroyed.

Groth and Matosevic also featuring for the Aussies with Marinko coming up against Federer. Won't beat him but I wouldn't put it past him to win a set.

Also a good first round win for Rodionova in the women's draw. 3 set victory over Giorgio which now sees her matched up against Errani in the second round who should be too strong.

Stosur, Dellacqua, Gajdosova, Barty and Tomljanovic all coming up tonight. Some really tough matches so it'd be great if at least two can go through to the second round.

I've been watching a bit of the US Open as I am having a few days off. Great win by the aussies in the first couple of days. Stousr, Nick and Casey are all in action today. All have a great chance going through to Rd 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back