News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you back him with 2 downs, 1 yard out though.

It's not like Foles was on fire.
You'd try it once but without watching the game it's a hard call.

You don't want to lose yards either, I don't know how far McCoy had gone backwards

Surely you back him with 2 downs, 1 yard out though.

It's not like Foles was on fire.
Maybe they elected to throw as that would be the less likely option in that situation? Would've been called geniuses if it came off i suppose but it does come across as the wrong option.

You'd try it once but without watching the game it's a hard call.

You don't want to lose yards either, I don't know how far McCoy had gone backwards
No way, I'd have tried twice. Back your offensive line to get it done.

Disappointing but a 3-1 start to the season is still good

Maybe they elected to throw as that would be the less likely option in that situation? Would've been called geniuses if it came off i suppose but it does come across as the wrong option.
When pushed up against the 1 yard line they can stack the box and put Alot more man power into preventing the run.

If the run game has been week there is less back field for the D to mind and you can use more offensive players as targets.

A good route/play call would've done it. If the line was stacked no way I would've given it to a Rb with 17 yards.

No way, I'd have tried twice. Back your offensive line to get it done.

Disappointing but a 3-1 start to the season is still good
Did they try to throw it to a player (usually the TE) out wide so he could run it in?

Best call IMO if RB is struggling and the QB isn't on fire so you're not relying on either to bust through heavy coverage.

Two short passes in the backfield I believe. I was only following on the NFL website.
Yea bad play call.

If McCoy have been having an ok game I would've given it to him but 2 attempts and both the same play is silly.

Go for back field then a player out wide on the line only needing a step or 2 to get over is the way I would have gone.

This is why I love NFL the tactics

Dallas giving New Orleans a bath... 24-0 going into half time.
What's their win/loss?

I know they are the 8/8 team so they have to win some.

Will Romo choke?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back