News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea they snuck video cameras into their opponents training to film their defence formations and signals so they could know how to counter them in the superbowl

2 and this is the 3rd time if guilty. The saints cheated the year they won as well with salary cap breaches and bounty payments

They have been found guilty apparently 11 of the 12 balls were under inflated. The ravens are accusing them of using an under inflated kicking ball the previous week.

Man I hope they lose the superbowl. Regardless of how much effect it actually had the intent to win by cheating is pretty shitty.

They have been found guilty apparently 11 of the 12 balls were under inflated. The ravens are accusing them of using an under inflated kicking ball the previous week.

Man I hope they lose the superbowl. Regardless of how much effect it actually had the intent to win by cheating is pretty shitty.
The offense provides the balls for each game so Andrew Luck throwing interceptions wasn't impacted. On top of that, the officials check all the balls before the start of play.

In this instance, the under inflated balls were only used by the Patriots it would seem.

The Ravens are just having a sook. The Colts would be the right ones to complain but then they got pantsed anyway.

I agree it didn't effect the outcome of the game but I'm pissed off about the integrity and sportsmanship which it appears the patriots have none. Cheating a little is still cheating.

11 of the 12 balls used that day were under inflated patriots seemed to have swapped out the colts balls too.

I really hate teams that cheat. Like Carlton. Hate Carlton.
Needless to say I was pretty disgusted we did what we did and glad we've cleaned house. Couldn't follow us otherwise

I agree it didn't effect the outcome of the game but I'm pissed off about the integrity and sportsmanship which it appears the patriots have none. Cheating a little is still cheating.

11 of the 12 balls used that day were under inflated patriots seemed to have swapped out the colts balls too.
that is the annoying thing
they were good enough to win on merit but now don't deserve to win the BIG DANCE

Unless I misread something.

So quick to jump to the defence of the deflatriots...

uploadfromtaptalk1422236555742.jpg

From closer reading the deflating of the balls was only their own and having a ball deflated by this amount makes it much easier for a receiver to catch.

Tom Brady has been quoted saying he likes the balls a certain way. If it's been going on a while sadly it would but a mark on what should be a brilliant career.

I wouldn't trust Essendon to investigate themselves and find no wrong doing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless I misread something.

So quick to jump to the defence of the deflatriots...

View attachment 105200

From closer reading the deflating of the balls was only their own and having a ball deflated by this amount makes it much easier for a receiver to catch.

Tom Brady has been quoted saying he likes the balls a certain way. If it's been going on a while sadly it would but a mark on what should be a brilliant career.

I wouldn't trust Essendon to investigate themselves and find no wrong doing
Got a link to the NFL investigation? Apparently its not completed yet?

I went looking through the bleacher report app and it didn't go back far enough.

Sure I read they found 11 of the 12 patriots balls were under inflated and it was their fault but don't know exactly which individuals are involved.

So the final statement hasn't been released but the team is guilty from memory.

It would be a shame if it's been going on for a while as tom has a had a magnificent career that will be forever tarnished by multiple cheating victories and this puts a mark against his passing stats.

Very accurate very good player so it's a shame to see a team constantly resort to such things

I think he is a great player can be a bit of a sook but can't deny his ability. Just saying if he's been doing it all year or even for a couple on and off his total pass yards etc are tarnished as the balls are easier caught by receivers and we all know quarter back pass yards don't count if the guy at the other end never makes the catch

Haven't seen that but a statement from the Patriots yesterdat said they welcomed the NFL investigation. That's why I thought nothing had been done yet.

Think you're being particularly harsh on Brady.
This article makes reference that the balls were definitely tampered with in the AFC championship game

NFL Reportedly Finds 11 of 12 Balls Used in AFC Championship Were Under-Inflated | Bleacher Report (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1yp9bfB

This article makes reference that the balls were definitely tampered with in the AFC championship game

NFL Reportedly Finds 11 of 12 Balls Used in AFC Championship Were Under-Inflated | Bleacher Report (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1yp9bfB
That's all reports though.

I'll be the first to admit they've done the wrong thing if that's proven. I'm not going to jump on them until after the investigation has been completed though.

By the way, its entirely possible that TB had no idea the balls were under inflated in any case. They had a QB hold a ball at both inflation levels and he couldn't tell the difference.

It is possible he didn't know but still taints his records of it it's been happening for a while as it gives an unfair advantage.

I'd be less inclined to jump on them if they hadn't cheated before

Still a shame now a great coach QB and team is tainted
I don't think it takes away from either's ability though.

BB is still one hell of a coach. You don't make that many superbowls by luck.

TB is one of the great QB's. He's still thrown for more yards than most.

I would say he needs to win this SB now though. Been to the big dance a few times now but doesn't have the best record there.

They have great ability can't deny that but would Brady had still make all the yards if he is found to be using the tampered balls over a prolonged period of time. Yards don't count if the receiver doesn't make the catch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back