News & Events General Tennis News

I can understand it, if Category 1 and Category 2 have good close views then they should pay more. My gripe is that they have made Cat 3 made it higher as well, if anything they should be going down. It's going to entice more people for ground pass which is already struggling with capacity.

At the end of the day, with people still paying the money TA have every right to raise the price, just like any other event.

Giants

Debutant
Aug 2, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can understand it, if Category 1 and Category 2 have good close views then they should pay more. My gripe is that they have made Cat 3 made it higher as well, if anything they should be going down. It's going to entice more people for ground pass which is already struggling with capacity.

At the end of the day, with people still paying the money TA have every right to raise the price, just like any other event.

i dont agree with the new ticketing system. you are totally right the first 4 days will be packed with people using ground passes. i dont care if TA raises the price on tickets however the new system is about money. if you dont have money to take your kid to centre court or mag arena and give them a seat where they can see and get a bit close to the action then your doomed. they already have a system where people can access an AO membership and get there tickets earlier. what more do they want? its more ways for them to make money off the open. soon the crowds will reduce.

this year TA couldnt get the scheduling right especially the first week. i remember seeing hewitt play a guy from asia on centre court, and hewitt won in 4 sets, no disrespect to hewitt or the opponent but it was a boring match. on mag arena you had monfies playing a highly entertaining 5 setter against another french men.

We'll see what happens, just can't blame TA for raising the prices when the crowds keep increasing, it's simple economics. If it backfires then they can always revisit it but honestly I think AO is a big enough international event for it not too

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
matt_897 I agree with the typical price rise. But the category 1 tickets are at least $100 more expensive than the same session last year. And how many seats will be in category 3? Basically all of us will be sitting in the back 2 rows on centre court, unless you are wealthy or want to take out a loan.

Giants

Debutant
Aug 2, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
matt_897 I agree with the typical price rise. But the category 1 tickets are at least $100 more expensive than the same session last year. And how many seats will be in category 3? Basically all of us will be sitting in the back 2 rows on centre court, unless you are wealthy or want to take out a loan.

i totally agree with you mate. i will be joining you in the back row.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Well Aussie players continue to make headlines. Kokkinakis just played his first match since the Kyrgios saga a few days ago against Ryan Harrison in the first round of qualies in Cincinatti. Things got heated and the 2 almost came to blows after the first set and after the handshake at the end, with the umpire having to physically get between the pair to stop it becoming physical.

Now Harrison is a absolute muppet on court and from reports made some comments to Kokkinakis about the Kyrgios situation.

Amazing Bombers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll say what I said on MTF, when you're 5th or 6th best player is winning the award there is something fundamentally wrong.

ozgamer

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Yeah well done to Groth but f*** me Alcott wins 2 Wheelchair Slams and gets to #1. Missed a great chance to give a wheelchair athlete some great press coverage and it wouldn't have been a token victory either. Useless TwAts.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I see Youzhny is playing the Manila Challenger. I thought he retired last year. Not sure if he hit the top 10 or not in his career, he would have got close to it if not, so weird to see him kicking around at Challenger level. Hewitt was lucky to get as many wildcards as he did to keep going.

Amazing Bombers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
I see Youzhny is playing the Manila Challenger. I thought he retired last year. Not sure if he hit the top 10 or not in his career, he would have got close to it if not, so weird to see him kicking around at Challenger level. Hewitt was lucky to get as many wildcards as he did to keep going.
Won the 3 challengers in a row including Manila and is ranked around 70 now. Hopefully he can maintain that rank and play the French Open.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...d/news-story/4fd4b44caf4a626f308c5416c15e0ccb

Gavrilova combined with Nick Kyrgios to win Australia’s first Hopman Cup title in 17 years this month, but lost an appeal to the ITF to let her make her Fed Cup debut against Slovakia next month.

Seems a bit strange given that she didn't represent Russia before she made the switch to Australia.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
was searching google for konta's recent form. Under the recent results, the flag next to her name was the English one. i thought, cool, they have separated the UK countries.

Thought i see if Murray had a Scottish flag next 2 his name. sure enough, it is the union jack.

google obviously subscribes to the theory that Murray is British when he wins; and Scottish when he loses.

Back