Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your are onto something here Madmug, take a look at the attendance for the rugby union game last month, it was only a practice match but the numbers are similar to the SWL grand final, if the people at Arygle St carnt see that as problem then what are they doing???

Dont ask me I'm just one of the dwindling group of idiots that pays to go watch this crap. I'm thinking I might take in a few more Chargers Basketball games & I have a mate who's got 2 kids playing soccer (quickly bites his fingers in anguish).
Has it come to this after 30 years of watching Tassie footy?
How many hours have I wasted?

Taswegian

Rookie
Oct 7, 2011
Tasmania
AFL Club
Melbourne
Its that time of year!!! Pracy matches. Does anyone know who's playing who?? when & where? I know NH are playing a curtain raiser Bfore the Tas v Vic rivalry game. Anyone know about other games??

Launceston Vs South Launceston at Aurora this Saturday 9th March curtain raiser to the Hawthorn Richmond Nab cup

South Launceston Vs Tassie Mariners Youngtown on the 17th March

Norchy_pies4life

Team Captain
Oct 19, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Glenorchy DFC (TSL-SFL)
Launceston Vs South Launceston at Aurora this Saturday 9th March curtain raiser to the Hawthorn Richmond Nab cup

South Launceston Vs Tassie Mariners Youngtown on the 17th March

Glenorchy v South Launnie Sunday at Campebell Town. Pies are playing the mariners too.

stevo148

Rookie
Dec 31, 2005
Glenorchy
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hobart
Burnie are playing Hobart this Saturday at Campbelltown I think, not real sure about the location yet.

Hobart V Burnie @ Campbelltown - 12.30 start 6 quarters (sixths?) Saturday 9th
Hobart V Glenorchy @ Pontville - 11.30 start Sunday 17th.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
All that talk yesterday about Barry Hall playing at NH, which I was surprised with given his media work, was refuted by the club today. Its a pity the media dont ask first before they do silly & incorrect reports. It makes the media look real dumb when they can get sucked in so easily.
For a moment I thought it was an early april fools day!!!!

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
More "one game" deals, this time North Launceston. http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2013/03/08/374119_sport-news.html
Chris Tarrant and the Richmond Nathan Brown.

What does everyone think of these sorts of deals?
I'm in two minds. I can understand the need for money that may come from the marketing, and certainly did in the Aka case. On the other hand, playing players who aren't actually part of your proper list distorts the matches that they do play. I'm very much a fan of every side having a playing list for the season, and these one game appearances can distort - particularly if it is a genuinely good player.

With both north and south of the state having AFL games now, will having one former AFL player make any real difference marketing-wise anyway? For a really big name, I guess it still would. Especially if they are known form time with a big AFL club that doesn't play games in Tas.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
More "one game" deals, this time North Launceston. http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2013/03/08/374119_sport-news.html
Chris Tarrant and the Richmond Nathan Brown.

What does everyone think of these sorts of deals?
I'm in two minds. I can understand the need for money that may come from the marketing, and certainly did in the Aka case. On the other hand, playing players who aren't actually part of your proper list distorts the matches that they do play. I'm very much a fan of every side having a playing list for the season, and these one game appearances can distort - particularly if it is a genuinely good player.

With both north and south of the state having AFL games now, will having one former AFL player make any real difference marketing-wise anyway? For a really big name, I guess it still would. Especially if they are known form time with a big AFL club that doesn't play games in Tas.

Its a bit of fun to see the old warriors rolled out at club level. I guess its a bit like when the mainland leagues clubs get the old stars like 'little patty, or the deltones:p
Once upon a time we use to get ex VFL guys to coach & play. It was great to see who was recruited & then to see them play. The Hudsons, Bingleys, Devines etc etc. We cant even afford to attract guys from the SFL now!!!!!
We have been made to get rid of our reserves, crowds have fallen away. Clubs are relying on other income sources because footy doesnt pay for itself anymore.
The AFL cronies have just smashed the SWL to bits, its a kids development pool. Developing them for a future of SFL footy. Maybe the odd AFL recruit, certainly a few for the VFL & NEAFL. Watching skinny kids running around wears a bit thin some times. They should still be in the u19s or twos & growing up.
Having FIFO AFL clubs does NOTHING for local footy.
Anything else?;)

RedRover

Draftee
Apr 4, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know they don't mean much but any results of how the praccy matches went over the weekend? I know Burnie got over Hobart by around 50 or so with a few starters out.

Lauderdale and Clarence were 1-1 on the day with the teams for each game being a mixture of seniors and colts. There was an article in the Sunday Tasmanian with the winners and a little bit about each game.

Love_Grove

Debutant
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania
AFL Club
Collingwood
North Launceston got over Launceston in a curtain raiser before Hawks v Richmond game. Have North improved or did Launceston play a half strength side or have they come back to the pack after losing players to retirement and the AFL

leb16

Senior List
Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North Launceston got over Launceston in a curtain raiser before Hawks v Richmond game. Have North improved or did Launceston play a half strength side or have they come back to the pack after losing players to retirement and the AFL
half strength because north havent picked anyone up but lost a few, lonnie have picked a few handy players back up from NTFA in McCabe bresner edwards and c savage

bomberland33

Senior List
Feb 28, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
watched the game between north and launnie, north for what i seen were missing carins,nankervis,o'sign,crawford and riley.
could only see brennan savage and whiting that were there not playin, could be more not sure
but stephens,bristow,harris and o'donohue all played.

pirateboy

Rookie
Aug 24, 2011
queenstown
AFL Club
Adelaide
watched the game between north and launnie, north for what i seen were missing carins,nankervis,o'sign,crawford and riley.
could only see brennan savage and whiting that were there not playin, could be more not sure
but stephens,bristow,harris and o'donohue all played.

I went up and watched the halks game. Saw the last quarter and a half of Laun v Nth Laun, the standard wasnt much. The beters plays stood out heaps.

O'sign and crawford not playing, Carins and Nankervis also.
Didnt see any mariners out there. I think Lonny have a few in that (smith, Kolla twins and maybe one or two more) Woolley was in his training gear on the sidelines and Sam Okeefe, J. Edwards, Tom Claridge, G.savage, Majak Miar, Dan Ellis, Sonny whiting and their coach Brennan were a few reasonable absentees aswell. Then I thought; put Finch x 2, Derbyshire, Lonergan and Thurlow in that who are gone: that is 9missing on sat, plus 5 that left- their team is depleted and just maybe... my magpies can knock them off on ANZAC DAY!!

Back