Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Be nice to read,hear or see a little publicity on the upcoming season and clubs.

Only seems to be negative comments about the season ahead.Will the new clubs create enough interest to turn the TSL around?

Be nice to read,hear or see a little publicity on the upcoming season and clubs.

Only seems to be negative comments about the season ahead.Will the new clubs create enough interest to turn the TSL around?
It may be the last TSL season in my opinion

It may be the last TSL season in my opinion

You do wonder how much longer some clubs can keep going. The ones supported by Wade have a better chance, but even that hasnt helped much when the TSL dumped the reserves, & by definition all their friends & families, out of clubs. Then started on wrecking some clubs. No one seems particularly interested in the TSL. No surprise their when the CEO says he doesnt care about the public.
We still have the stench of corruption over the South Launy thing. That will be interesting. I just hope nothing is covered up.
We heard nothing but Wade in the media for ages. Now we dont hear him, nor anyone or anything else about football in Tasmania from AFLTas.
They are bloody pathetic.

I believe AFLTAS will push for a one team per club TSL model, and a few clubs such as Devonport and Glenorchy will probably pull the pin if they do so

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

One team per club may be ok for TSL purposes, but how does a club pay its way? Clubs still have to pay council ground use costs, the power bills, insurances, medical costs. Most of those costs dont change much whether you have 1 team or 3. But the income & crowds, & family groups supporting the clubs does change. Then Wade says you shouldnt rely on crowds & beer sales. Well, what is the business plan? How do they pay the bills if your not getting the extra handout like Clarence????
Remember that the VFL system where AFL clubs play the younger guys through the a VFL club. Well thats NOT working. The AFL clubs are going back to their own reserves team. So why do AFL Tas think the same system will work for the TSL senior clubs?
Have they got a clue ?
Anyone??

I was going to post this on the Conspiracy, Mysteries & the Paranormal Board

Life mystery’s how does Alan Joyce and Scott Wade Keep their Jobs?
4eac0b60c1cc476487ec0f64767f2254-qf-alanjoyce-flipper.jpg

490492-3x2-940x627.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe fly-in players are an issue. It's a straight fact you'll get more people through the gate with a drawcard. Instead of typical Tasmanian small-minded bitching, how about a little bit of basic organisational skill, put in a simple rule that the player only gets the one team for the year, and that unless they play a number of games they can't play in finals, and then enable every team to get a fly-in player for a set number of games (even just the one) which is subsidised in part or in full by AFL Tas. If they want more from the player, then sort it yourself. The entire point is to raise revenue for the club, and outside maybe Russ Robertson, no fly-in has caused a team to become a premiership contender. You need a decent commitment from the player for that, which is what a cameo is not. You could even take it further as an admin body, and actively encourage top players from the AFL (most likely retirees of course, but why not ask for current players - get Luke Hodge the next time he is scheduled for a return to the seconds after an injury) and farm them out to teams. The worst anyone can say is no, but it's self destructively stupid and negative to can a proven workable scenario, based upon a slack inability to come up with a management proposal on how to simply run it...

Agree 100% fly in players are one way clubs can try and make Money with extra crowd bar sales etc, I also believe that last year with Tarrant playing one game each for first North Launceston and the a few week later for Glenorchy is not a good look. In a perfect world at least a few games like “Robbo” and “Akker” would be the best deal for clubs.

Must admit I cringed when someone like Anthony Koutoufides At 40 plays after six years out of the game at AFL level played at Scotsdale lasted 5 minutes and did not get a touch! Don’t know how he went at Penguin a few weeks later, might be best to get them at sportsman night than to make a goose out of themselves.

Just saw this in today paper, But you haven't got rid of the head of the snake!!!

THE chairman and entire board of AFL Tasmania will be resigning at its upcoming annual meeting.
In a major shake-up of football in the state, the sport is to be administered by the parent body at AFL House in
Although it is believed the move is not connected to the ongoing parliamentary inquiry into AFL Tasmania, board members are known to be aggrieved by its scrutiny and adverse publicity.
AFL Tasmania yesterday declined to comment on the matter but The Examiner believes that chairman Dominic Baker and the board of Brendon Gale, Mark Ryan, Brian Roe, James Henderson, Ian Chesterman and Scott Clayton will all stand down.
Scott Wade appears likely to remain as chief executive officer reporting directly to the AFL.
Some board members will remain under the revised governance structure while others will sever all formal involvement but retain mentoring roles as required.
The change in governance will bring Tasmania closer into line with the rest of the country and is seen as a positive move forward for footy in the state.
However, it comes in the wake of the parliamentary accounts committee inquiry into the managing of state funding for AFL Tasmania, which questioned its financial priorities, particularly in relation to South Launceston.
The Bulldogs received support from AFL Tasmania en route to claiming last season's State League flag, but could not defend their title and have since dropped into the NTFA competition.
Windermere independent MLC Ivan Dean said the committee ceases to exist while the state is in election mode but will resume after Saturday's vote.
``This inquiry needs to be concluded and if I'm a part of that committee I will be moving for it to be concluded as a priority,'' he said yesterday.
State League presidents have been summoned to a meeting in Campbell Town tomorrow where it is believed the changes will be discussed, with the AGM scheduled towards the end of the month.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/2144024/afl-tas-board-set-to-step-down/?cs=96

Just saw this in today paper, But you haven't got rid of the head of the snake!!!

If the AFL are happy to have someone of Mr Wades devious nature in charge then it shows they dont care. The damage done to the AFL name here is both unnecessary & undeniable.
I'd love to see the 'REAL' books. Who got what, when & why. What got paid for by who, when & why!! I reckon the AFL would be embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on ,lets tell those Vics we don't their so called help.We can run the footy ourselves,their are heaps of excellent admin stators ,at both end of the island, heaps of sponsors will return to a proper run competition. Lets control our own destiny .
Piss off Vics
(they only to stream line the kids ,so its easier for recruitment

Hang on ,lets tell those Vics we don't their so called help.We can run the footy ourselves,their are heaps of excellent admin stators ,at both end of the island, heaps of sponsors will return to a proper run competition. Lets control our own destiny .
Piss off Vics
(they only to stream line the kids ,so its easier for recruitment

On one hand I support this. On the other hand - well Scott Wade is Tasmanian. It shows that Tassie people can't run footy in Tassie that well.

Even if Scott Wade had done a fair to reasonable Job, which I think he has not, after 15 years at the Head it’s time to get a new CEO? Hell even Andrew Demetriou rein has been fours year shorter. Surely if the AFL were to do any due diligence and review the stake holders of Football in this State they would realise that it’s time for a change.
I hope with the end of the Andrew Demetriou era running football that either Scott Wade realises its time to go or a new CEO at the AFL rings the changes and gives him a nudge out the door, but I fear he is like John Edgar Hoover the only way he is going out is in a box.

Even if Scott Wade had done a fair to reasonable Job, which I think he has not, after 15 years at the Head it’s time to get a new CEO? Hell even Andrew Demetriou rein has been fours year shorter. Surely if the AFL were to do any due diligence and review the stake holders of Football in this State they would realise that it’s time for a change.
I hope with the end of the Andrew Demetriou era running football that either Scott Wade realises its time to go or a new CEO at the AFL rings the changes and gives him a nudge out the door, but I fear he is like John Edgar Hoover the only way he is going out is in a box.

This 'announcement' has come 3 years after the decision was made, according to the news report. Its just another example of the disdain & dishonesty that comes from the AFL regarding Tasmanian football. Haven't they done enough damage?. When does it end & they start to show some care & respect for the game & its communities outside of the VFL/AFL?.

Refer the following article in today's Mercury Mercury which follow the Examiner Story from yesterday.
AFL scrutiny seen as ray of hope in state's dream of team in big league

JAMES BRESNEHAN

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...am-in-big-league/story-fnj4f7h7-1226853050223
Key points for me
"It is understood that, under a transition plan put in place three years ago, AFL Tasmania's board will disband, making administration of Tasmanian football directly answerable to AFL House."

"The operation of football in the state will not change, with chief executive Scott Wade running the show and Shaun Young (TSL general manager) and Nick Probert (general manager of Community Football) as his key colleagues."
In the words of "the Who"
"Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"

Good to see the clubs are kept in the loop FFS.
Resignation news a surprise
By PHIL EDWARDS

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/2147043/resignation-news-a-surprise/?cs=96

I see where they recon part of the discussion will look at a 20 year plan for Tassie footy. This is the mob who look to change things every 5 minutes & keep footy in a state of turmoil. The clubs are worse off now than ever. Except the ones with the extra handouts of course.
Who are they trying to kid?
We are over them.

Some practice game results from yesterday report from the Mercury
Hobart City beaten by Heidelberg (Northern Football League)
Clarence beats Launceston over six sessions (Ryan Sheppard with a broken collarbone sounds it might be investigated)
Lauderdale Host Glenorchy at Lauderdale
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...ss-to-heidelberg/story-fnj92b0f-1226855763109

I went out to Pontville to watch the games. North started off with lots of handball & run off half back. I thought they played quite well for the most part. Both teams looked pretty even, Heidelberg over ran North a bit towards the end but it was a good hit out & guys like Dell, Delaney, Williams were good.
North wore the old red & blue striped jumper ( Buckingham, Port Melbourne style). Almost everyone had North Hobart stuff on. Saw a couple of Hobart City caps was all!!

I went out to Pontville to watch the games. North started off with lots of handball & run off half back. I thought they played quite well for the most part. Both teams looked pretty even, Heidelberg over ran North a bit towards the end but it was a good hit out & guys like Dell, Delaney, Williams were good.
North wore the old red & blue striped jumper ( Buckingham, Port Melbourne style). Almost everyone had North Hobart stuff on. Saw a couple of Hobart City caps was all!!

Is that what they will wear in the regular season?

Hobart City have a new jumper which is similar to the Melbourne away jumper. Looks very smart. New club apparel is ordered and will be here before the season proper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back