Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Not at the moment, when they start winning against the bigger clubs I will. I just think those two are that far ahead and daylight second. Saying that Lauderdale will be the 2nd best side from the south

They did beat Clarence twice last year, agree they need to beat them in the finals but the last two seasons they have copped injuries to key players in September so if they can keep a full list on the park later in the year I think they are a huge chance.

They did beat Clarence twice last year, agree they need to beat them in the finals but the last two seasons they have copped injuries to key players in September so if they can keep a full list on the park later in the year I think they are a huge chance.

Well with the Southern clubs struggling ( King, Glen City ) Lauderdale should be a chance of top 3 if it can win enough against the northern clubs.

Well with the Southern clubs struggling ( King, Glen City ) Lauderdale should be a chance of top 3 if it can win enough against the northern clubs.

Yeah that's definitely the key, shouldn't have any trouble with Devonport or North and they play Devonport twice is a a big advantage. Home games against Western Storm and Burnie will be telling factors.

It Looks like Devonport has lost players to strong NTFL clubs. Both Glenorchy & North City have lost players to cashed up Claremont & to New Norfolk. Its looks like we are going to get a very lop sided TSL season. Not that AFLTas seem to care much.

It Looks like Devonport has lost players to strong NTFL clubs. Both Glenorchy & North City have lost players to cashed up Claremont & to New Norfolk. Its looks like we are going to get a very lop sided TSL season. Not that AFLTas seem to care much.

Or you could say its going be very competitive between the top 5 clubs, depends if your a half glass full or half glass empty man.

The causes of why some clubs are better off than others concerns me. Some are definitely looked after by Argyle st. The reasons for that would be interesting to know.
Or is it the case that some clubs are just better run than others, including junior development, recruiting, fund raising, sponsorship and the quality and number of volunteers?

Just putting it out there

Or is it the case that some clubs are just better run than others, including junior development, recruiting, fund raising, sponsorship and the quality and number of volunteers?

Just putting it out there

Their is that, but we have a salary cap. That is supposed to limit spending on players. Clearly it doesnt. Why would that be?

The causes of why some clubs are better off than others concerns me. Some are definitely looked after by Argyle st. The reasons for that would be interesting to know.

I've been reading this thread for a while now as someone who knows very little about the TSL, and there's a question I've been meaning to ask that relates to this post:

Which club(s) was Scott Wade involved with before becoming TSL boss, and in which role(s)?

I've been reading this thread for a while now as someone who knows very little about the TSL, and there's a question I've been meaning to ask that relates to this post:

Which club(s) was Scott Wade involved with before becoming TSL boss, and in which role(s)?

General manager Clarence football club. Would that surprise you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played for Clarence and was there General Manager , He also played for and coached Hobart, he coached Kingston and he was also involved with Lauderdale when his son was playing juniors there.

He played for Clarence and was there General Manager , He also played for and coached Hobart, he coached Kingston and he was also involved with Lauderdale when his son was playing juniors there.

I know he played at Hobart as a youngster, following his Dads footsteps. I wasnt aware he coached them though??? I know he coached at Kingston in the old Huon association.

I know he played at Hobart as a youngster, following his Dads footsteps. I wasnt aware he coached them though??? I know he coached at Kingston in the old Huon association.

Yeah he coached Hobart after he came back from Hawthorn. He won a William Leitch medal at both Clarence and Hobart.

So the SWL season starts this Saturday with a standalone game between Western Storm and Devonport at Aurora Stadium at 5.00pm. Hardly any publicity in the Mercury about the upcoming SWL season (Well there online version anyway)

You think the Mercury would pick up the story being reported by the guys in the Southern Football League Forum here at BigFooty that “The Tigers” are about to pull their team out of the SFL at this late 11th hour stage, Having 28 players wanting seeking clearances and not having any Under 18 team in any competition, how competitive will this lot be? Will they make Hobart and Devonport teams of the past few season look like world beaters.

IMO really only the two Eastern Shoreteams from the South to be competitive against the Storm Burnie and Launceston and I think they are both behind the three Northern teams mentioned in the race for the Flag.

Last edited:

Coached Hobart Football Club in 1984 where he won as stated the William Leitch Medal and also coached them again in 1985, before going to Clarence, I remember Kingpin stating here on BF that he was not held in much esteem at the club (this was before he kicked them out of the SWL - or tried to merge the with NHFC)

So the SWL season starts this Saturday with a standalone game between Western Storm and Devonport at Aurora Stadium at 5.00pm. Hardly any publicity in the Mercury about the upcoming SWL season (Well there online version anyway)

You think the Mercury would pick up the story being reported by the guys in the Southern Football League Forum here at BigFooty that “The Tigers” are about to pull their team out of the SFL at this late 11th hour stage, Having 28 players wanting seeking clearances and not having any Under 18 team in any competition, how competitive will this lot be? Will they make Hobart and Devonport teams of the past few season look like world beaters.

IMO really only the two Eastern Shoreteams from the South to be competitive against the Storm Burnie and Launceston and I think they are both behind the three Northern teams mentioned in the race for the Flag.

I just looked at the 'exaggerator' on line, 3 Western Storm players modelling their jumper. It looked like they tore some pages out of a road map!! Is that to show people where they come from?? Really, are they a club or a franchise?
Why couldnt they give them a proper name, like Prospect or something?

I just looked at the 'exaggerator' on line, 3 Western Storm players modelling their jumper. It looked like they tore some pages out of a road map!! Is that to show people where they come from?? Really, are they a club or a franchise?

Yes madmug looks like an old Laven Plaster wall that has not been repaired for 40 years! I am bit of a traditionalist or old fudey dudey when it comes to Jumpers was glad Port Adelaide....sorry Power ditched there storm jumper for the new one below is a link to "exaggerator" for those to check it out...maybe your right a road map of the Western Tiers region :eek:. As for these new names maybe marketing 101 AFL Tasmania style...The Tigers, Western Storm, Hobart City. Really Western Storm I think NW coast or Queenstown, Should of been Prospect (Insert Generic Name)

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/2188574/new-club-ready-to-storm-ground/?cs=96

Last edited:
Yes madmug looks like an old Laven Plaster wall that has not been repaired for 40 years! I am bit of a traditionalist or old fudey dudey when it comes to Jumpers was glad Port Adelaide....sorry Power ditched there storm jumper for the new one below is a link to "exaggerator" for those to check it out...maybe your right a road map of the Western Tiers region :eek:. As for these new names maybe marketing 101 AFL Tasmania style...The Tigers, Western Storm, Hobart City. Really Western Storm I think NW coast or Queenstown, Should of been Prospect (Insert Generic Name)

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/2188574/new-club-ready-to-storm-ground/?cs=96

Yes, I still dont even know what the Hobart City team is called, The Argyles? or duckbill Waders? Something for kryst sake! They start the season in <2weeks
No, Not Thunder or Cyclone or any other type of weather pattern pleeeaaase.

It almost looks like the North/South Esk river opposed to a storm/lightning bolt.

I like the colours, kind of a modern version of the Penguin or Sturt 2 blues. But the lightning bolts do look very much like a river system. Not a patch on the Branxholm Wanderers opposing Lightning Bolts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back