Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
It was on but the scores read Hobart City 88 88 888 Tiger 88 88 27 only had the tigers total score and that was it. Even if they just had the total score of both teams would have done the job, granted it was one sided but it just not good enough.
Just talked to a friend of mine who was there and said what a Joke about the scoreboard, no back up plan by the HCC or AFL tas it is not good enough when you charge people $$ to attend.

Just talked to a friend of mine who was there and said what a Joke about the scoreboard, no back up plan by the HCC or AFL tas it is not good enough when you charge people $$ to attend.

They used to have a manual scoreboard on the fence next to the the race on the terraced side at the main end, obviously gone or no one smart enough to use it.

WESTERN Storm's Darren Thomas is facing deregistration as a player and being banned from football for life after accruing 16 weeks of suspension in NTFA and TSL football.
Thomas received a total of 13 weeks' suspension playing for NTFA club Evandale last season and was suspended for three weeks earlier this State League season playing for the Storm.
Under the AFL's national policy, any player who accumulates 16 weeks will be deregistered.
TSL general manager Shaun Young said yesterday that AFL Tasmania was aware of Thomas's situation and had spoken to the player and the club.
``His suspension in State League this year made him reach the 16-week limit but what was determined by AFL Tasmania was not to deregister him at this point of time,'' Young said.
``Part of the reason for not deregistering Darren is that there is a process to be undertaken in the deregistration policy that was not complied with.
``Once a player reaches 10 weeks accumulated suspension he and his club should have received formal correspondence to say that he has reached that mark and if he reaches 16 weeks he then places himself in a position of deregulation.
``We have articulated that to the club and the player and if Darren is reported and receives suspension from here on in then that will be a different discussion.''
Young said Thomas was continuing to play in the TSL on the understanding he cannot afford to reoffend.
``It doesn't mean if he is reported he is automatically out - he has to be reported and found guilty,'' Young said.
If a player is deregistered he is not allowed to play in any form of football ever again.
The player can appeal but there would have to be significant grounds.
Western Storm ruckman Cody Thorp has also reached the 10-week suspension warning mark and Young said notification had been sent to him and the club.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/2314733/life-ban-hangs-over-storm-player/?cs=96

Serious AFL TAS you are a joke of a competition, change the rules continually to suit yourselves.

In this instance it would be the NTFA which was supposed to send the warning notification to Darren and the Evandale football club. Everyone involved in football in northern tasmania knew Darren was on his last chance after last year. For anyone to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. There is a similiar situation in the VAFA at the moment where a player has been banned for two and a half years. Surely thats more than sixteen matches.

WESTERN Storm's Darren Thomas is facing deregistration as a player and being banned from football for life after accruing 16 weeks of suspension in NTFA and TSL football.

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/2314733/life-ban-hangs-over-storm-player/?cs=96

Serious AFL TAS you are a joke of a competition, change the rules continually to suit yourselves.

Jeez Shaun Young looks like he's had a week on the soup:p Great photo in the EX!
But yeh, they are a joke. The public will look at that & LOL.

The reigning Eastern shore Cup holders level this years version at 1-1 as they take a 3-2 win loss ratio over the last 5 games over there much more fancied rivals. Nice effort by the "poor little cousin" to wipe the floor with u18s, Development league and Senior wins despite missing 17 players from the club.

Who are the 17 players and I thought premierships were won in September. How many times have you beaten Clarence in a finals ?

Who are the 17 players and I thought premierships were won in September. How many times have you beaten Clarence in a finals ?

Not sure I mentioned a premiership? and yep Lauderdale have never beaten Clarence in a final another thing I didn't say, not sure what the point to your post is to be honest?

Not sure I mentioned a premiership? and yep Lauderdale have never beaten Clarence in a final another thing I didn't say, not sure what the point to your post is to be honest?

What was the point of your post then hero ? You didn't answer the question , who are the 17 players missing ? Point is who gives a s**t if you've beaten Clarence 3 times out of the last 5 times. You havent beaten them when it actually matters.

What was the point of your post then hero ? You didn't answer the question , who are the 17 players missing ? Point is who gives a s**t if you've beaten Clarence 3 times out of the last 5 times. You havent beaten them when it actually matters.

Righto mate, sorry for showing a bit of passion for my footy club.

Hevey, last years senior B&F
K. Waller, best player
Cassidy, leading goalkicker
B.Halton, boom recruit
Dodge, mariners
Hill, VC
Bellchambers, mariners
Mcguiness, mariners
Roberts, Experience full back
Z.Waller
H. Smith
Franks
West
D. Grubb
N. Grubb
Spaulding
Franklin

Havent seen all of those names in the senior side this year. Some very good players out but hey the roo boys werent at full strength. You love showing passion for your club (nothing wrong with that) and SWade (something weird about that). Keep it up its enjoyable reading !

Havent seen all of those names in the senior side this year. Some very good players out but hey the roo boys werent at full strength. You love showing passion for your club (nothing wrong with that) and SWade (something weird about that). Keep it up its enjoyable reading !

Read the post again, I praised the whole Clubs effort to win on the day with virtually a whole side missing, Dev squad played with 20 including a couple who just came into make up the numbers on the day. 9 of those players are first choice senior players.

Just another point, yesterday did matter as it put Lauderdale into the 5 and still with a shot at a double chance, I would also advise you to ask any Clarence or Lauderdale player if they believe when they come up against each other whether it matters or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 first choice senior players. Which ones are they, list them ? So if they were all available and fit this week you would drop 9 players to make way for them ? The way you have pumped up lauderdale and their underage on here you would have thought they'd won the last 5 premierships. with the list they have I dont think you would be happy with only 5th spot would ya ?

9 first choice senior players. Which ones are they, list them ? So if they were all available and fit this week you would drop 9 players to make way for them ? The way you have pumped up lauderdale and their underage on here you would have thought they'd won the last 5 premierships. with the list they have I dont think you would be happy with only 5th spot would ya ?

K. Waller, Hevey, Cassidy, Bellchambers, Halton, Dodge, Roberts, Mcguiness and Hill. Damon Smith also played in the 2s returning from Injury and is easily best 18. Be tough to drop blokes after yesterdays performance no doubt but all those players are quality and will be back in at some stage. Pumped them up really? under no illusions as to the position they are in and have certainly under-achieved but having a strong junior program has this club well placed to continue playing competitive football for the next few years, whether they take the next step is the burning question. Yesterday it paid off in spades having great depth at the club. Not really sure what your problem is with me?

Yes, every team has injuries players unavailable, not every coach goes to the media about it.

Good bit of coaching if you ask me, what do you think the first thing that Clarence thought when reading that? This will be nice and easy these blokes think they are under-manned and cant win.

So what trick does he perform next time?

who knows mate, new game, new circumstances, was just good they got the win this time. I don't think anyone down there is under any illusions that they are better than Clarence but it was an important win in the context of there season.

Yes, every team has injuries players unavailable, not every coach goes to the media about it.

Bingo
K. Waller, Hevey, Cassidy, Bellchambers, Halton, Dodge, Roberts, Mcguiness and Hill. Damon Smith also played in the 2s returning from Injury and is easily best 18. Be tough to drop blokes after yesterdays performance no doubt but all those players are quality and will be back in at some stage. Pumped them up really? under no illusions as to the position they are in and have certainly under-achieved but having a strong junior program has this club well placed to continue playing competitive football for the next few years, whether they take the next step is the burning question. Yesterday it paid off in spades having great depth at the club. Not really sure what your problem is with me?

Fair enough mate. Although that side becomes extremely tall if you add all those back in , what happens to Duggan? He is a quality player. One last questoin on this....do you currently play for the club?

formerdud i think the point is no one really gives a s**t who plays on the day - a win's a win, it's not rocket science to take that.

If no one gives a s**t why would anyone talk about their outs ? Silly boy

Bingo

Fair enough mate. Although that side becomes extremely tall if you add all those back in , what happens to Duggan? He is a quality player. One last questoin on this....do you currently play for the club?

If no one gives a s**t why would anyone talk about their outs ? Silly boy

Unlikely Hill and Roberts will return this year so Duggan stays, has been very good. So apart from Ben Halton replacing his brother from last weeks team I am sure cass will slip back in as not any other talls playing forward. Josh Mcguiness probably takes Whish Wilson's spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back