Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Gotta be better than listening to the same old blokes whinge about the administrators over and over.

Dunno, I'm one of them, but nothing to complain about at the moment. That can only be a good thing for local footy. This round really helped the competition with a few upsets, makes it interesting.

Dunno, I'm one of them, but nothing to complain about at the moment. That can only be a good thing for local footy. This round really helped the competition with a few upsets, makes it interesting.

Absolutely, Burnie have come good, Lauderdale have come good, Western Storm are gaining momentum and Clarence can be beaten. Should be an interesting finish to the season.

Anyway, back to the footy. Anyone going to the state game on saturday?
Actually its the TSL V NEAFL. Otherwise its Tassie v NSW, Qld, ACT & NT:rolleyes:
I'm not sure how we will go but we've got some reasonably good players about. I'm looking forward to see how Jayson Laycock goes. The 6'10 monster seems to be back to good form again. With Bart McCulloch & Mitch Hills that gives some handy bigs. I'm not too sure about our key defenders. I guess Aaron Cornelius gives us a target. Blackberry & Bowden gives us a goodstart in the midfield. Who will fill the gaps in?
I wish them all the best

Anyway, back to the footy. Anyone going to the state game on saturday?
Actually its the TSL V NEAFL. Otherwise its Tassie v NSW, Qld, ACT & NT:rolleyes:
I'm not sure how we will go but we've got some reasonably good players about. I'm looking forward to see how Jayson Laycock goes. The 6'10 monster seems to be back to good form again. With Bart McCulloch & Mitch Hills that gives some handy bigs. I'm not too sure about our key defenders. I guess Aaron Cornelius gives us a target. Blackberry & Bowden gives us a goodstart in the midfield. Who will fill the gaps in?
I wish them all the best

Should have a fairly potent attack with Charlesworth, Cornelius, McCulloch, Laycock and maybe Standen, your definitely right that the key defenders could be an issue but Nick Mckenna is certainly a very good defender. Ill be interested to see if Elijah Taylor gets a game as has been in ripping form for Lauderdale.

Game Details
Saturday 21st June, Blundstone Arena
Women’s State Game, 11.15am
Men’s State Game, 2.00pm
Final Squad of 26 – Men’s State Team

Burnie: Nick McKenna, Darren Banham, Nick Walters, Harry Walters, Jason Laycock

Clarence: Matthew Drury, Brady Jones, Jake Cox, Jeromey Webberley, James Charlesworth, Jordan Roberts, Trent Standen

Glenorchy: Jaye Bowden, Brayden Webb, Aaron Cornelius

Tigers: Tim Peterson

Lauderdale: Elijah Taylor

North Launceston: Taylor Whitford, Mitch Van den Berg, Andrew Cox-Goodyer

Western Storm: Jay Blackberry, Mitchell Hills, Bart McCulloch, Matt Hanson, Will Hanson, Thane Bardenhagen.

Game Details
Saturday 21st June, Blundstone Arena
Women’s State Game, 11.15am
Men’s State Game, 2.00pm
Final Squad of 26 – Men’s State Team

Burnie: Nick McKenna, Darren Banham, Nick Walters, Harry Walters, Jason Laycock

Clarence: Matthew Drury, Brady Jones, Jake Cox, Jeromey Webberley, James Charlesworth, Jordan Roberts, Trent Standen

Glenorchy: Jaye Bowden, Brayden Webb, Aaron Cornelius

Tigers: Tim Peterson

Lauderdale: Elijah Taylor

North Launceston: Taylor Whitford, Mitch Van den Berg, Andrew Cox-Goodyer

Western Storm: Jay Blackberry, Mitchell Hills, Bart McCulloch, Matt Hanson, Will Hanson, Thane Bardenhagen.

That looks like a pretty good squad, Plenty of taller options

yeah your right, he played back the game I saw him. McKenna the other key defender, be interesting if Drury gets a game or not.

Drury will play surely. He is a natural CHF. Cornelius FF. That leaves Peterson? & McKenna at CHB & FB. Its a pity Ben Reynolds is not available, he is good at CHB when Ive seen him. I'm always concerned when they play big guys in key positions when they are not really key position players. I guess the make up of the opposition will affect the final selection.
Does anyone know any of the NSW, Qld, NT, ACT players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drury will play surely. He is a natural CHF. Cornelius FF. That leaves Peterson? & McKenna at CHB & FB. Its a pity Ben Reynolds is not available, he is good at CHB when Ive seen him. I'm always concerned when they play big guys in key positions when they are not really key position players. I guess the make up of the opposition will affect the final selection.

I read an article a couple of weeks ago where Geappen said he would use Laycock, McCulloch and Cornelius as forward targets, so presuming Hills in the ruck is there room for Drury?

I have only heard of a couple. Cleve Hughes, Austin Lucy and ex Nth Hob player Adrian Williams.

The big question might be, which game will get the bigger crowd, Tassie V Everyone, or New Norfolk V Claremont?:p

Unless it's New Norfolk's annual gimmick with Fevola I cant see too many venturing to the valley of love that wouldn't normally go.

Why wouldn't you go to the state game? Should be a cracking contest, probably the first time for a while they have picked the absolute best tassie side, the only other players that would have been in the mix outside tsl would be Caden Wilson and Zac Smith

Been looking though the local papers web sites. Interesting how the Exaggerator & OutofDate have a Tassie team in position, but not in the Muckery!! Also the two northern papers have photos & articles ONLY about Northern players. Shows the worst of the medias parochial attitude, Sad really. It is a State team after all.

Why wouldn't you go to the state game? Should be a cracking contest, probably the first time for a while they have picked the absolute best tassie side, the only other players that would have been in the mix outside tsl would be Caden Wilson and Zac Smith

I would have gone normally but instead I'll be over in Melbourne cheering home Tassie's very own The Cleaner at Moonee Valley on Saturday.

I would say last years side was pretty good on form. 10 and 11 side left a lot to be desired. But i dont' agree with your two picks their being in the mix. There are a lot in front of them. Thats not to put their abilities down, thats just reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back